BioM: Cornwell, Elizabeth (1944)
Surnames: Cornwell, Klapatuaskas, Graham, Gruba, Klovas, Boie, Petkovsek
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 08/10/1944
Cornwell, Elizabeth (29 JUL 1944)
A Saturday wedding in the Holy Family Catholic Church at Willard (Clark Co., Wis.) united Miss Elizabeth Cornwell, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Earl Cornwell of Thorp, and Julius Klapatauskas of Thorp. The services took place at nine o’clock in the morning on July 29, 1944, with Father Raphael Stragisher officiating. A breakfast followed the wedding, at noon a reception was held at the home of the groom’s parents for seventy-five guests.
The bride’s dress was fashioned with a sweetheart neckline, long fitted sleeves and deep train edged with a lace flounce. Medallions of lace adorned her fingertip veil which was shirred to a pearled crown. She carried a bouquet of white lilies and carnations.
Matron of honor was the groom’s sister, Miss Josephine Klapatauskas, she wore a pink chiffon with white lace set in. Miss Martha Klapatauskas and Miss Mae Graham were bridesmaids. They wore yellow taffeta and blue taffeta respectively.
Miss Eleanore Gruba of Stanley, sang during Holy Mass. She wore a rose taffeta, princess style formal.
George Klovas, a distant cousin of the groom, served as best man. Ushering were Frank Petkovsek and Norbert Boie. They wore dark suits with carnation boutonnieres.
In the evening a dance was given at the Catholic Hall in Willard with music furnished by the Klondike Band.
Out of town guests were: Misses Martha and Josephine Klapatauskas of Chicago, Miss Marion Klovas of Chicago, Mr. and Mrs. J. Gregorich, Mr. and Mrs. Ivan Ruzich and children of Willard, Mrs. Tony Kedzel of Milwaukee, Mr. and Mrs. A.R. Burss of Hannibal, Mrs. Ernest Dutzel and daughters of Cudahy and Miss Caroline Evenson of Owen.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs