BioM: Czech, Valeria (1945)
Surnames: Czech, Carter, Hryniewicki, Messina, Izydorek, Decker, Pawlukiewicz, Kramicz, Zajaczkowski, Harycki
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 05/24/1945
Czech, Valeria (15 MAY 1945)
Miss Valeria Czech, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Roman Czech, became the bride of Lawrence Carter, S1c, son of Mr. and Mrs. George Carter of Kansas City, Mo., in a double ring ceremony performed by Father Francis Piekarski before an altar adorned with white lilies at St. Hedwig’s Church here on Tuesday morning, May 15, 1945, at 10:00 o’clock.
Best man was Edward Hryniewicki in black tuxedo and bridesmaid was Miss Dorothy Czech, sister of the bride, who wore a white gown trimmed with bows of red and matching accessories. She carried a bouquet of red roses and white carnations.
The bride was beautifully attired in white with lace top and net, with long veil. Her bouquet was of red roses and carnations. The groom wore his navy uniform.
Mary Messina was maid of honor and little Keran Izydorek, as flower girl carried a basket of red and white flowers. She was dressed in white and Dickie Decker, attired in a sailor suit served as ring bearer.
Mothers of the bride and groom wore corsages of gardenias.
Other attending couple were Walter Pawlukiewicz and Agnes Kramicz and Edward Zajaczkowski and Ann Harycki. The bridesmaids wore white dresses trimmed with red and carried bouquets of red roses and white carnations. The groom and his attendants wore carnations boutonnieres.
A reception was held at the P.N.A. Hall where guests joined in the festivities during the day and evening.
The newlyweds will reside in Chicago, the groom being stationed at Glenview, Ill.
Guests from out of town here to attend the wedding were Mrs. Geo. Carter of Kansas City, Mo.; Mary Messina, Agnes Kramicz, Rachel Johnson and Mrs. Mike Glombek, of Chicago; and Mr. and Mrs. Frank Pawlukiewicz of Owen.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs