BioM: Green, Mary E. (1945)
Surnames: Green, Prokopinski, Sinette, Cwiklinski, Milewski, Kosik
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/21/1945
Green, Mary E. (14 JUN 1945)
Miss Mary Ellen Green, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. E. Green of Reseburg (Clark Co., Wis.), and Edward Prokopinski of the town of Withee (Clark Co.), son of Mr. and Mrs. Felix Prokopinski, were joined in holy wedlock at the St. Hedwig Catholic Church, Thursday morning, June 14th at 9:00 o’clock.
The Rev. Francis Piekarski performed the double ring ceremony.
The bride wore a white satin gown fashioned with a fitted bodice and net over dress. The gown had a long train, long sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. She wore a fingertip length veil set in place by a Dutch train.
She carried a bouquet of white roses and carnations with white streamers. Her only jewelry was a gold cross, a gift of the groom.
Mrs. Iola Sinette, sister of the bride, of Holcombe, was maid of honor. She wore a yellow floor length gown of satin with a lace bodice and net over dress. She wore yellow blushes to match her dress and carried a bouquet of yellow roses, white gladiolas and white snapdragons.
The groom and his attendants, Dever Green, brother of the bride, and Marion Cwiklinski, wore black tuxedos.
Miss blanch Milewski, cousin of the groom, of Withee, and Miss Sophia Kosik of Chicago, were bridesmaids.
The wedding dinner was served to about 75 relatives and friends, at the home of the bride’s parents.
A large wedding cake, made by Mrs. Laura Solie, centered the bride’s table.
A free wedding dance washeld at Rocknee Gardens in the evening.
The newlyweds will reside on a farm north of Stanley.
Out of town guests were Mrs. Clarke Dangerfield and daughter, Mrs. Virgie Gilbertsen and son of Washborne, N.D., Mr. and Mrs. Merle Underwood of Rockport, Mo., Mr. and Mrs. Henry Green and daughter, Lucille of boyd and Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Healey and Mrs. Jenny Chapman of Stanley.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs