BioM: Ramer, Alice (1945)
Surnames: Ramer, Tiry, Twarowski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/28/1945
Ramer, Alice (19 JUN 1945)
Miss Alice Ramer, daughter of Mr. Mike Ramer of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Henry Tiry, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Tiry of Stanley, were joined in holy wedlock at St. Bernard’s Catholic Church, Thorp, Tuesday morning, June 19th, 1945, at 9:00 o’clock. Rev. A.M. Muckerheide performed the ceremony.
The altar was beautifully decorated with pink and white snapdragons.
The bride wore a white satin gown fashioned with a fitted bodice and white net over satin with princess style sweetheart neckline, a long train and sleeves. She wore a fingertip veil edged with lace which fell from a coronet fashioned with seed pearls. She wore a gold cross, a gift of the groom, and carried a bouquet of white roses and apple blossoms.
The bridesmaid was Stella Twarowski, a friend of the bride. She wore a pink floor length gown with pink net over satin, matching blusher with veil and carried a bouquet of pink roses and carnations with pink ribbons.
The groom wore navy blue with carnation boutonniere. His attendant, William Ramer, wore a light blue suit with carnation boutonniere, while the mother of the groom was dressed in brown with a corsage.
A reception was held at the bride’s parental home and dinner and supper was served to forty guests.
In the evening at the Stanley Auditorium a shower and wedding dance was well attended and many lovely gifts were received by the newlyweds.
Mr. and Mrs. Tiry will reside on the groom’s father’s farm at Stanley.
Out of town guests at the wedding were: Mr. John S. Garry, St. Paul, Mr. and Mrs. Gust Jacobs, Menasha, Wis., Mr. Reinhard Gruber, Nashville, Tenn., Mr. and Mrs. Jos. Tiry, Stanley, Math. Gruber and family, Stanley, Mr. and Mrs. Scot Henderson, and Mrs. Hanna Miller, Stanley.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs