BioM: Czernicki, Irene (1945)
Surnames: Czernicki, Gryskiewicz, Hodorowski, Tranel, Tomkowiak
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 08/16/1945
Czernicki, Irene (2 AUG 1945)
Miss Irene Czernicki, daughter of Joseph Czernicki of the Town of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Connie A. Gryskiewicz GM2c, son of Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Gryskiewicz Sr., in a ceremony performed by Father F. Piekarski at a nine o’clock nuptial mass at St. Hedwig’s Church here on Thursday morning, Aug. 2nd, 1945.
The couple was attended by John Gryskiewicz, brother of the groom, as best man, Leroy Tranel SC2c and Marie Czernicki, sister of the bride, Harry Hodorowski and Jean Gryskiewicz, sister of the groom.
The bride was beautifully attired in a white satin and marquisette gown with sweetheart neckline and long train. Her fingertip illusion veil fell from a crown trimmed with seed pearls. She wore a string of pearls, the groom’s gift, and pearl earrings. The church and altar were decorated with palms and brightly colored flowers. A white rug led to the altar.
Miss Doris Tomkowiak, maid of honor, and the two bridesmaids were dressed in ice blue marquisette gowns fashioned with fitted bodices attached to full skirts. Al three carried bouquets of yellow gladiola and snapdragons and wore gold lockets.
The flower girl, Christine Tomkowiak, cousin of the bride, was dressed in a teal blue floor length dress and carried a colonial bouquet of mixed flowers.
A reception attended by about seventy-five families, was held at the PNA Hall. Dinner and supper were served to relatives at the bride’s home.
The groom recently returned from the South Pacific. He was in four campaigns and has received six battle stars.
The newlyweds left on a short honeymoon trip to Minocqua summer resorts, after which the groom returned to Portland and the bride to the home of her father for the present.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs