BioM: Sopiarz, Valeria (1945)
Surnames: Lipinski, Sopiarz
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/11/1945
Sopiarz, Valeria (22 SEP 1945)
Miss Valeria Sopiarz, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jos. Sopiarz of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Thaddeus Lipinski, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Lipinski of Lublin, at a nuptial high mass spoken by the Rev. Father Francis Piekarski at St. Hedwig’s Church here at ten o’clock Saturday morning, Sept. 22nd, 1945.
The bride was attired in a beautiful valverary gown with long train. She wore a fingertip veil with orange blossom headdress and carried a wedding bouquet of pompoms, white roses, carnations and gardenias. She wore a beautiful wrist watch, the groom’s gift, and a gold locket.
The couple was attended by Leon Sopiarz and Angela Lipinski as best man and bridesmaid, and Walter Sopiarz and Harriet Lipinski. The ladies wore aqua acetate rayon dresses with blowers and blushers for headdress. Both wore gold lockets, gift of the bride.
Delores Sopiarz, maid of honor, was dressed in pink acetate rayon with flowers and blusher to match. She carried a bouquet of white roses, pompoms and carnations. The groom and his attendants wore tuxedos.
A reception to the couple was held at the P.N.A. Hall for eighty families and festivities continued throughout the evening.
The happy couple spent their honeymoon in Southern Wisconsin and Chicago and returned to make their future home on the groom’s farm near Lublin.
Out of town guests at the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Louis Lipinski and two children, Mr. and Mrs. Tony Lipinski, Mrs. S. Kordasiewicz, Miss Harriet Lipinski, Mrs. Edmund Siemuck and two children, Walter and Leo Piekarski, Miss Stella Wlach, all of Chicago; Sgt. Eddie Sopiarz, Wilmington, Ohio; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Kulwiec, Medford, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs