BioM: Price, Genevieve (1945)
Surnames: Thorson, Price, Duller, Biel, Miller, Hansen
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/18/1945
Price, Genevieve (13 OCT 1945)
The Sacred heart Church of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), was the scene of a pretty wedding, Saturday the 13th of October, when Miss Genevieve Price, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Price, became the bride of First Lt. Marvin Thorson, Army Air Force, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Thorson of Withee. Father Francis Brockman performed the ceremony.
The bride’s dress was fashioned with elegant softness of radiantly lustrous satin, white orchid appliquéd designed basque bodice, with full flowing skirt and a long train. A heart shaped beaded crown held her fingertip veil. She carried a single white orchid with streamers and prayer book.
Preceding the bride to the chancel were Genevieve Duller of Chicago, as maid of honor, Maxie Thorson, Withee, and Mrs. Geraldine Biel, Chicago, were bridesmaids and wore charming white brocade satin gowns and net blushers. Their bouquets were of red roses.
Lt. George Miller, Mr. Morris, Ill., was best man. Lt. Irvin L. Hansen of Withee was usher. All wore army air force uniforms.
A reception was held at the P.N.A. Hall, Thorp.
Out of town guests attending were: Mrs. Carol Zietlow, Pfc. And Mrs. Ed Lincowski, Mr. and Mrs. Jack Bieniek, Stanley Bieniek of St. Paul, Minn.; Miss Linda Vettorel, Miss Barbara Keleher, Miss Susan Cox, Chicago; Mrs. Carl Replagle, Waupaca; Mrs. Franz Heilin, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Al Thorson and family, Kenosha; Mr. Gordon Thorson, Thorp; Mr. and Mrs. Ray Thorson, Margaret and Gloria Thorson, Colby; Lt. and Mrs. Geo. Miller, Mt. Morris, Ill.
They have sincere congratulations and best good wishes of their many friends.
A dance was given in their honor at Merry Ol’ Gardens.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs