BioM: Wink, Josephine (1946)
Surnames: Wink, Hodorowski, Konieczny, Orzechowski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 05/23/1946
Wink, Josephine (11 MAY 1946)
The wedding of Miss Josephine Wink, daughter of Albert Wink of the Town of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), was solemnized at St. Bernard’s Church (I think the paper left out the name of the groom - Harry Hodorowski) here by Rev. A.M. Muckerheide at 8:30 o’clock, Saturday morning, May 11th, 1946.
Best man was Frank Hodorowski, the groom’s brother, and Miss Amelia Wink was bridesmaid. She was attired in blue rayon taffeta with net overskirt, matching veil and tiara.
The bride was beautifully dressed in a gown of white satin with net skirt and train. She wore a fingertip veil with beaded tiara and carried a bouquet of white carnations, sweet peas and gardenias. Her gold locket and wrist watch were gifts of the groom.
The second attending couple was Malin Konieczny and Margie Wink, sister of the bride, whose costume was identical to that of Miss Amelia. Both bridesmaids wore lockets and carried bouquets of roses and sweet peas.
Eleanore Orzechowski, niece of the bride, acted as flower girl, being attired in a beach rayon satin dress with white net skirt, veil and tiara. She carried a basket of mixed flowers and also wore a gold locket.
The groom and his attendants wore the conventional blue and white carnation boutonnieres.
A reception was held after the ceremony at the home of the bride’s father and a wedding dance followed in the evening at the P.N.A. Hall in Thorp.
The newlyweds will be at home to their many friends.
Out of town guests at the wedding festivities were Mr. and Mrs. Albert Chmelik and family of Cornell, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Keller Jr. of Greenwood, Miss Margie Wink, Beatrice Sokolowski, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Zielinski and daughters June and Joyce of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs