BioM: Koperski, Valeria (1946)
Surnames: Koplitz, Koperski, Slosar, Paczkowski, Franzkiewicz, Sawczuk, Karlak
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/13/1946
Koperski, Valeria (2 JUN 1946)
The Annunciation Church at Paulina and Wabansia Av. Of Chicago, was the scene of a very pretty wedding ceremony on Sunday, June 2, 1946, when Valeria Koperski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Koperski of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Lester H. Koplitz, son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Koplitz, also of Withee. The Rev. Foley officiated at the double ring service performed at 3 o’clock.
The bride was attired in a white entrained satin and chiffon wedding gown, designed with a full overskirt and duffle at the hemline. The satin bodice was enhanced with a yoke of seed pearls. The clong sleeves came to points over the wrists. A pearl beaded coronet held her full length veil of illusion and she carried an arm bouquet of call lilies and white button flowers. A strand of pearls completed the ensemble.
Mrs. Viola Paczkowski, a sister of the bride attired in a pink chiffon gown, was matron of honor.
Miss LaVerne Slosar, a cousin of the bride, and Miss Rose Sawczuk acted as bridesmaids. Both wore similar gowns of blue chiffon and matching halos of flowers. All attendants carried arm bouquets of American Beauty roses.
Julius Koperski, a brother of the bride, served as best man, and Joe Franzkiewicz as usher. The groom and his attendants wore tuxedos and a gardenia boutonniere.
At six o’clock a reception was held at Patria Hall, West North Av., which was attended by one hundred guests. A large wedding cake decorated the bride’s table.
Guests from away included: Mrs. Julia Karlak of West Va., aunt of the bride; Mr. and Mrs. Henry Koplitz and Eugene of Withee; Mr. and Mrs. Glenn Tieman of Owen; Ed Koperski and Mrs. Ed Paczkowski of Withee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs