BioM: Leider, Lucille M. (1946)
Surnames: Leider, Vanderloop, Capaul, Gall, Eischen, Bosseler, Brown
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/20/1946
Leider, Lucille M. (25 MAY 1946)
Miss Lucille Mary Leider, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Leider of Fredonia, Wis., and Wilfred H. Vanderloop of Port Washington, Wis., son of Mrs. Mary Vanderloop of Stanley, were united in marriage at St. Rose of Lima Church, Fredonia, on Saturday morning, May 25, 1946, Rev. Father Winninghoff performed the ceremony at nine o’clock.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore a white net gown trimmed with lace. The fitted bodice had a sweetheart neckline, bishop sleeves, full skirt of double net and long train trimmed with lace. Her fingertip veil had a sweetheart headpiece of lace and orange blossoms. She wore a double strand pearl necklace and carried a shower bouquet of roses, carnations and lilies of the valley and a pearl rosary, a gift of the groom.
She chose as her maid of honor, her sister, Miss Helen Leider, who wore a pink net over taffeta gown made with a shirred bodice, bracelet length sleeves and a full skirt. Her headdress was pink net flowers and she carried a colonial bouquet of pink and white carnations.
Her bridesmaids were Miss Betty Capaul of Cornell, a nice of the groom, and Miss Germaine Gall, a friend of the bride.
Miss Capaul wore a white silk marquisette over taffeta gown with ruffle trimmed bodice and full skirt trimmed in pleating, had three-quarter length sleeves. Miss Gall wore a gown (some words missing here). Both wore a pink silk marquisette over taffeta gown. Both wore blue flower headpieces.
The flower girls were Mary Ann Eischen, niece of the bride, and Fern Bosseler, niece of the groom. They were similarly dressed in blue net over taffeta with pink ribbon sashes and full skirts. In their hair they wore blue ribbons, lilies of the valley.
The maid of honor and bridesmaids wore single strand pearl necklaces, gifts of the bride. The flower girls wore gold chains with small gold cross, gifts of the bride. The bridesmaids and flower girls carried colonial bouquets of red and white carnations.
The groom and his attendants, his brother, Sylvester Vanderloop of Stanley, as best man, and Gregory and Harry Leider, brothers of the bride, wore dark suits with white carnation boutonnieres. The ushers were Alois Leider and Ray Brown.
Following the ceremony a reception attended by 125 was held at the home of the bride’s parents.
After a honeymoon trip to Canada the newlyweds will be at home after June 1st in a cottage north of Saukville, which they purchased and are remodeling.
The groom was recently discharged from the Army, in which her served from June 1941 until October 1945, served overseas in Belgium, France, and Germany. He is now employed by the Kwik Mix Co. At Port Washington, Wis.
Others attending the wedding were: Mrs. John Capaul and son Raymond and Katherine Flood of Cornell; Mrs. Wm. Nesvical of Cadott; Mrs. Peter Henke and son Donald of Stanley; Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Jacque and Barney Huls of Thorp.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs