BioM: Depa, Helen (1945)
Surnames: Filipek, Depa, Sumiec
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/27/1946
Depa, Helen (15 JUN 1945)
A lovely double ring ceremony was performed on Saturday, June 15th, 1946 at 10 o’clock mass at the St. Mary’s Czestochowa Church of Stanley, when Miss Helen Depa, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Depa became the bride of Mr. Walter Filipek, son of Mrs. K. Filipek of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.). Father Kamla performed the ceremony.
The bride wore a beautiful white gown of velvet ray with a sweetheart neckline and a fitted bodice, a very full skirt, ended in a train. Her halo shaped head piece was of beaded pearl, with a long veil trimmed in lace. She carried a beautiful bouquet of white roses and gardenias. The bride’s only jewelry was a two strand of pearls, a gift of the groom. She was given away by her father, Mr. Paul Depa.
The bride’s sister, Marcella, acted as maid of honor and wore a dress of pale pink nylon with a pink floral headpiece. Her bouquet was made up of yellow and white carnations with pink roses, tied with blue ribbon and streamers. The bride’s sister Frances acted as first bridesmaid and the other bridesmaids were Loretta and Henrietta Filipek. They all wore dresses of ice blue nylon with blue floral headpieces and each wore a strand of pearls. They carried bouquets of pink roses and white carnations, tied with pink ribbon and streamers. The bridesmaids all wore earrings presented to them by the bride.
The groom’s brother Edwin acted as best man and the other two attendants were Stanley Sumiec and Louis Depa. The groom and his attendants were dressed in tuxedos with white gardenia boutonniere.
The bride’s mother wore a black dress with a corsage of white gardenias and the groom’s mother was dressed in pink and also had a corsage of white gardenias.
The bride assisted by her maid of honor, carried a bouquet of white gladiolas to the alter of the Blessed Virgin as the organist (Al Ciolkosz) played and sang beautifully.
The wedding party was led by the bride and groom in an old Model T Ford to the P.N.A. Hall in Thorp, where the reception took place. About 300 guests attended.
The bride is a former school teacher of the Lublin School and the groom was employed on his mother’s farm east of Thorp. The newly wedded couple will spend a few days in and about Thorp before leaving for their honeymoon, which they’ll spend in Indiana and southern Illinois. They expect to make their home in Chicago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs