BioM: Burzynski, Clara (1946)
Surnames: Burzynski, Konieczny, Retelny, Navarre
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 09/12/1946
Burzynski, Clara (31 AUG 1946)
A very beautiful wedding took place at ten o’clock on Saturday morning, Aug. 31st, 1946 at St. Mary’s Czestochowa Church at Junction, when Miss Clara Burzynski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Burzynski, became the bride of Victor Konieczny, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Konieczny of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.).The altar was beautifully decorated with gladiolas, where Rev. Jerome J. Kamla performed the double-ring ceremony.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. She was dressed in a long train. Her lace edged veil was held in place with a beaded tiara and she carried an arm bouquet of white starlite roses, white gladiolas and white gypspholia. The bride wore a wrist watch, a gift of the groom, and she wore a gold cross.
She chose as her maid of honor, her sister, Julia Burzynski. She wore a yellow brocaded satin gown with a headband and blusher to match, and carried a bouquet of pink delight roses, gladiolas and yellow gypsapholia. Charlotte Burzynski, cousin of the bride, acted as flower girl. She wore a pink brocaded satin gown with bonnet to match, and carried a bouquet of pink delight roses, gladiolas and gypsapholia.
Bridesmaids were Mary and Martha Burzynski, sisters of the brie, Leona Konieczny, sister of the groom, and Virginia Retelny, cousin of the groom. The bride’s two sisters wore pink brocaded satin gowns with headbands and blushers to match and carried bouquets of pink delight roses, gladiolas and pink and blue gypsapholias. The groom’s sister wore blue brocaded satin gowns with headbands and blushers to match and carried bouquets of pink delight roses, gladiolas and pink and blue gypsapholias. The bridesmaids wore gold crosses, a gift from the bride.
The groom chose as his best man, his brother Malin Konieczny. Other attendants were Andrew Burzynski, brother of the bride, Ray Konieczny, brother of the groom, and Al Navarre, cousin of the bride. The groom and his attendants wore tuxedos with white carnation boutonnieres.
The bride’s mother was dressed in a navy blue dress and the groom’s mother was dressed in a blue suit. Both wore corsages of white carnations and pink rose bouquets.
During the solemn part of the ceremony the bride, assisted by the maid of honor, carried a bouquet of white gladiolas to the Blessed Virgin’s Altar, while the choir sang the hymn "On This Day Oh beautiful Mother."
The reception was held at the P.N.A Hall, after the ceremony, where dinner and supper were served to about 175 families. Music was furnished throughout the day and evening by the Nightingales. After a short honeymoon the young couple will make their home in Chicago, Ill., where the bride and groom are employed. Friends and relatives extend best wishes.
Out of town guests who attended the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Henry Gutschow, Mr. and Mrs. John Burzynski and family, Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Burzynski and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Wally Romag and family, Mr. and Mrs. Felix Zasacki and daughter, Miss Mary Burzynski, John Marek, Mrs. Anna Retelny and daughters Marge and Virginia, Mr. and Mrs. Wally Filipek, George and Harry Burzynski, Mrs. A. Dolbin and daughter Lillian, Miss Loretta Filipek, Misses Mary Terracina and Beatrice Michalak, Mr. and Mrs. Herb Schoenfeld and family, Mr. and Mrs. Steve Krpch and Miss Emily Szpara, all of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Peter Klarkowski and sons, Mr. and Mrs. John Klarkowski, of Green Bay, Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Kulkocki and family, Miss Lorraine Kowalski, of St. Paul; Mr. and Mrs. Roy Allen, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Lee, Miss Mary Lee, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Noran of Minneapolis; and Mr. and Mrs. Bill Byer and family of Fifield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs