BioM: Ciolkosz, Irene (1946)
Surnames: Ciolkosz, Haas, Healy, Cesafsky
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/10/1946
Ciolkosz, Irene (28 SEP 1946)
A beautiful autumn wedding was solemnized at St. Mary’s Catholic Church at Stanley, Saturday morning, Sept. 28th, 1946, when Miss Irene Ciolkosz, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Ciolkosz of Stanley, became the bride of Wilfred Haas, son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Haas of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.). Rev. Leo C. Pollack performed the double ring ceremony at a 9:30 o’clock nuptial mass before the altar on which were place baskets of white chrysanthemums and lighted tapers.
During the service Miss Eleanor Gruba sang "Ave Maria," "Panis Angelicus" and "On This Day Oh Beautiful Mother," accompanied by Annabel Towslee, who also played the traditional wedding marches.
The bride approached the altar down the white carpeted aisle escorted by her father who gave her in marriage.
The bride’s white gown featured a shirred fitted bodice trimmed with lace, long tapered sleeves and a round neckline and a full skirt of marquisette with a long train. Her long lace edged tulle veil had inserts of swiss lace and a long train, and fell from a white flowered tiara. Her jewelry consisted of a wrist watch, a gift of the groom, and a gold cross necklace for the "something borrowed." Her shower bouquet of white carnations and white pompom chrysanthemums had pompoms tied in the satin streamers.
She chose as her matron of honor, her sister, Doris, Mrs. Robert Healy, who wore a gown of aqua net, fashioned similar to the bride’s gown, with elbow length sleeves and a matching tiara. Her arm bouquet was of yellow carnations and yellow pompom chrysanthemums tied with a yellow ribbon.
Bridesmaids were Miss Sylvia Ciolkosz, sister of the bride, and Miss Joan Cesafsky of Chicago, cousin of the bride, who wore yellow gowns with matching tiaras and carried arm bouquets of yellow carnations and chrysanthemums. They wore gold bracelets, gifts of the bride.
Phyllis Ciolkosz, sister of the bride, was flower girl. Her long dress was made of pink net and taffeta and she carried a colonial basket made of pink and white chrysanthemums.
The groom wore a blue suit and his attendants, his brother, Arnold Haas, as best man, and Caper Haas, wore brown suits with white carnation boutonnieres.
The bride’s mother witnessed the ceremony wearing a navy blue dress with black accessories, and the groom’s mother wore a black dress with matching accessories. Both wore corsages of white carnations and white chrysanthemums.
Following the ceremony a wedding dinner was served the bridal party and immediate relatives in the PNA Hall in Thorp, where in the evening a reception and dance were held.
The bride was employed as telephone operator in Chicago. The groom, since discharge from the service, has been employed on a farm. The newlyweds left on a honeymoon trip to Minneapolis and Montana.
Out of town guests included Mr. and Mrs. Carl Carlson and family of Minneapolis; Miss Joan Cesafsky of Berwyn, Ill.; Mrs. Martha Cesafsky and family of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Hanson of Spencer.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs