BioM: Kowalesyk, Mary (1945)
Surnames: Rosen, Kowalczyk, Milka, Kucera, Krol
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 03/01/1945
Kowalczyk, Mary (10 FEB 1945)
A beautiful wedding took place on Feb. 10, 1945 in Chicago, Ill., when Silas G. Rosen of that city, took for his bride Miss Mary Kowalczyk, a former resident of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.). They were united in marriage at 2:30 p.m. at St. Romans Rectory, with close friends and relatives witnessing the marriage.
The bride wore a satin, brocaded eggshell gown with a five yard train and a six yard veil with a headpiece of orange blossoms, and carried a prayer book corsage of orchids and carnations. The prayer book was a gift from her sister, Hattie.
The bride wore only a gold and mother of pearl locket as her jewelry, which had a ruby, diamond and that something blue encased in the locket, which was a gift from the groom.
Her attendants, who were the bride’s sister, Hattie Kowalczyk, and Helen Kucera and Mrs. Jeanne Milka, who served as matron of honor, and the bride’s two little cousins served as ring bearer and flower girl, they were John Krol and Dolly Krol. The best man was the bride’s brother, Mike Kowalczyk.
The attendants wore American Beauty velveteen top dresses, with full white net skirts with the velveteen bows over the dresses. The headpieces were velveteen hats with white plumes to match the dresses and they carried red carnations made up in heart shapes. Dolly Krol wore the same kind of a dress as the other attendants and carried a colonial bouquet of carnations.
Silas Rosen and his best man, Mike Kowalczyk, and the ring bearer, Johnny Krol, all wore black tuxedos.
The bride’s mother, Mrs. John Kowalczyk, wore a black and rose dress with black accessories, with a pink camellia corsage.
A reception followed at 6 p.m. at Stacks Hall for about 150 friends and relatives, who all wished them much happiness. Mrs. Felix Lato of Thorp, attended the wedding.
The bride’s two brothers, who are in service, were unable to attend.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs