Obit: Johnson, Anton (1887 - 1945)
Surnames: Johnson, Carter, Jones, Sisco
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 22 Nov 1945
Johnson, Anton (23 Dec 1887 - 17 Nov 1945)
Funeral services were conducted from the Griebenow Funeral Home (Owen, Wisconsin), Tuesday afternoon for Anton Johnson, 58, whose death occurred Saturday noon at the Legault Hospital, where he had been for treatment of a heart ailment for the past two weeks.
He was born at Black River Falls, Dec. 23, 1887, and came with his parents to live at Withee (Clark Co., Wis.) 56 years ago. For the past 52 years he had made his home in Owen.
In 1908 he was united in marriage to Gertrude Carter, who passed away in 1928. In March of 1938 he was united in marriage to Vera Vachon Jones.
He is survived by his widow, three sons, Russell, William and Thomas, of Owen, two daughters, Dolores and Janice, at home, and a foster son, Earl Jones. One sister, Mrs. George Sisco, Port Edwards, and three brothers, Julius, Owen; Fred of Chippewa Falls; and Albert of Ladysmith. There are also three grandchildren.
Tony, as he was best known to the people of this vicinity, had been in the employ of the Griebenow Co., for the past twenty years, and in his work for that firm had gained a large acquaintance, all of whom will regret to learn of his passing.
Rev. C.S. Matthews conducted the funeral services and burial took place in the Riverside Cemetery.
Those from away who came to attend the funeral were: Mr. and Mrs. Dayton Clark and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Johnson, Chippewa Falls; Mrs. Wm. Glasshof, and Mrs. Ed Berdal of Thorp; Mr. and Mrs. George Sisco, Port Edwards; Mr. and Mrs. A.A. Vachon, Appleton; Mrs. Archie Roohr and daughter, Waupaca; Mrs. George Crowe, Superior; Mr. and Mrs. Edmond Vachon, Wausau, and Charles Kosharek, Marshfield, and the Misses Beulah and Yvonne Hansen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs