BioM: Jorgensen, Madeline (1945)
Surnames: Jorgensen, Hoeper, Fifer
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 11/22/1945
Jorgensen, Madeline (15 NOV 1945)
Miss Madeline Jorgensen, daughter of Jens Jorgensen of Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), and William Henry Hoeper, son of Mrs. Rocena Hoeper of Owen, were united in marriage at the Congregational parsonage at Lake Geneva, Thursday afternoon, Nov. 15, 1945, with the Rev. George Winters officiating.
The bride chose for her wedding a powder blue suit with black accessories and wore a corsage of gardenias. Her matron of honor was a close friend, Mrs. Albert fifter, 5048 Mango Ave., Chicago. She wore a forest green ensemble with black accessories and had a corsage of Talisman roses.
The groom was attended by his brother, Edwin N. Hoeper of Chicago.
The parsonage was beautifully decorated with bouquets of yellow and bronze chrysanthemums.
Following the ceremony a dinner was served to the members of the wedding party at the "Tally Ho," Park Ridge, Ill.
Mr. and Mrs. Hoeper spent several days visiting with friends and relatives in central and northern Illinois.
A reception was given for the newlyweds on Sunday afternoon, Nov. 18th, at the home of Irvin Hoeper, brother of the groom. Dinner was served to 65 relatives and friends. Some of the guests were: Mrs. Rocena Hoeper, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Hoeper, Elmwood Park; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Hoeper, Mr. and Mrs. K.C. Tompkins, Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Hoeper, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Bussian, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Schanke, Mr. and Mrs. Albert Fifer, all of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Claude Hoeper, Oak Lawn, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Burt Hertz, Kankakee, Ill.; Thelma and Betty Serley, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Jesse Dilts, Cedar Lake, Ind.; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Highline, Park Ridge, Ill.; and Mr. and Mrs. Henry Madsen, Elmwood Park.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs