BioM: Chase, Marjorie (1945)
Surnames: Chase, Schmidt, Biegler, Becker, Vinney, Langreck, Wachholz
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 08/23/1945
Chase, Marjorie (Marriage - 20 Aug. 1945)
The Rev. Father J. A. Biegler read the double-ring ceremony in which Pvt. Henry Schmidt, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Schmidt of Loyal, claimed as his bride Miss Marjorie Chase, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Lyman Chase of Neillsville. The wedding was performed at the 8 o’clock mass at St. Mary’s Catholic church on Monday, August 20.
The bride was attired in a white gown with a satin blouse and a skirt of net over satin. The neckline was heartshaped and the long sleeves came to points over the wrists. She wore a long train and a finger-tip veil which fell from a crown of pearls. She also carried a basket of red roses.
The bride’s attendants were Mrs. Clarence Becker, a sister of the groom, her matron of honor, and the Misses Florence Schmidt and Audrey Vinney, her bridesmaids. Miss Schmidt is another sister of the groom. The groom was attended by his brother, Robert Schmidt, Delbert Langreck and Glenn Wachholz.
A dinner was served for Mr. and Mrs. Schmidt at the Merchants hotel immediately following the ceremony. That afternoon a reception was held for them at the Chase home. About 25 guests were in attendance. The house was decorated in pink, blue and white. The couple was honored at a wedding dance at the Levis town hall that same evening.
Mrs. Schmidt was graduated from the Neillsville high school with the class of 1944 and has since been employed at the Curl Shop in Neillsville. Mr. Schmidt attended school in Loyal and was employed at farming until 4 ½ months ago when he entered army service. He is now stationed at Fort Sill, Okla. The bride will continue her present employment and the groom will report at his base on August 27.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs