BioM: Schuette, Evelyn F. #2 (1945)
Surnames: Schuette, Schlinsog, Goetsch, Lambert, Montgomery, Miller, Kickbusch, Dahlke, Lauterbach
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 09/13/1945
Schuette, Evelyn F. (Marriage - 1 Sept. 1945)
Mr. and Mrs. Paul G. Schlinsog, newlyweds, have returned from their wedding trip, and are now at home on a farm near Granton, where they will reside. Their wedding trip took them to Manitowoc and elsewhere in eastern Wisconsin.
The bride was Evelyn F. Schuette, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Hugo Schuette of the town of Beaver. She attended Loyal and Colby high schools, and was graduated in 1938. She worked at the local AAA office for five years, and for the past year and a half was bookkeeper at the Svetlick Motor Co., Neillsville.
Paul Schlinsog, the groom, was graduated from Granton high in 1936, was employed in the AAA office five years, and has since been engaged in farming.
The wedding was celebrated in the afternoon of September 1 at St. Luke’s Lutheran church, South Green Grove. Officiating was the Rev. M. C. Goetsch.
The double ring ceremony was performed among baskets of colorful gladioli and green ferns and lighted candles; a beautiful netting for an all white wedding. Colored ribbons and small flowers attached to the pews and a white runner down the center aisle made a beautiful entrance. Mrs. M. C. Goetsch played the wedding march as the bride entered the church. She was given away by her father. Mrs. Lloyd Lambert sang "Take Thou My Hand and Lead Me."
A miniature bride and groom as flower girl and ring bearer preceded the bride to the altar. The bride’s dress was of heavy white satin with a long sweeping train. It was princess style with lace insets at the waist. Large lace insets extended the full length of the dress, front and back. It had long sleeves, with lace insets at the top which ended in points over the wrists, held tightly with small buttons. It was styled with a sweetheart neckline and had a long row of miniature buttons down the back; small plush leaves centered the rows of pleating across the bodice. The bride wore a locket set with pearl, a gift of the groom. Her headdress of heart shaped design covered with tiny beads topped the long veil bordered in lace and a blusher veil that was worn during the service. She carried a heart shaped bouquet outlined with white maloine with a center of deep red roses and rose buds tied in a shower bouquet.
The matron of honor was Mrs. Allen Montgomery, Granton, the only sister of the groom.
T/5 Orville D. Schuette, brother of the bride, recently returned from Germany, was best man, and dressed in army uniform.
Florence Miller, Abbotsford, was bridesmaid.
Merlin Schuette, brother of the bride, Unity, attended as groomsman.
Arlene and Ethel Schuette, sisters of the bride, Unity, were junior bridesmaids. Their gowns were of white brocaded starched chiffon designed in princess style with sweetheart neckline and short puffed sleeves. Each bridesmaid wore a white headveil and carried a bouquet of colored gladioli outlined with pink maloine. All of the bride’s attendants wore heart shaped lockets.
The miniature bride, Carol Jean Kickbusch, Boyd, Wis., cousin of the bride, was flower girl. She wore a long dress of white lace with a sweetheart neckline, short puffed sleeves, princess style and a full skirt. She wore a finger-tip veil edged in lace and carried a small white basket of mixed flowers. She wore a miniature heart shaped locket.
The miniature bride and groom, Kenneth Kickbusch, also cousin of the bride, was dressed in a white linen suit and wore a small black bow tie. He carried the rings on a white heart shaped pillow of brocaded satin and lace.
Out-of-town guests present were Mr. and Mrs. Henry Dahlke, Mr. and Mrs. William Kickbusch and family, Boyd; Rev. William Lauterbach and son Kermit, Granton; Henry Schuette, Sr., Owen; Rev. and Mrs. L. Lambert, Veefkind; Rev. and Mrs. M. C. Goetsch, Colby, Wis.
The wedding reception and supper was given at the home of the bride’s parents. This was attended by about 35 persons. In the evening a wedding dance was given at the Granton village hall, largely attended.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs