Obit: Swanson, Frederick William (1886 - 1945)
Surnames: Swanson, Klopf, Van De Mark, Wise, Quigley
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 07/12/1945
Swanson, Frederick William (1886 - 25 June 1945)
Mrs. Edna Swanson, the former Edna Klopf of Neillsville, forwards to The Press information about the death of her husband, Frederick William Swanson, known in Neillsville as Will Swanson. He died June 25 in Augusta, Mont., where for the past 24 years he has been in the retail lumber business, with a hardware store in connection.
Mr. Swanson was the son of Nels and Emma Swanson. He was born in Cortland, Ill. When he was a boy the family moved to Neillsville. Will attended school here, and went to the old Neillsville Business College. He then went to Chicago and worked in a real estate office. In 1910 he went to Montana, where he has since made his home. He operated a store for a short time at Circle, and there proved up on a homestead. Then he moved to Augusta.
Will Swanson became a man of acquaintance and influence. He was for many years a member of the Augusta school board, and was a member of the OPA board. He was a member and post master, of the Augusta Masonic lodge, and was a Scottish rite Mason. His funeral was held under Masonic auspices. The services were held in the Community church, with the Rev. Van De Mark, district superintendent of the Methodist church, officiating. Internment was in the Augusta cemetery, where his resting place commands a view of the mountains and fishing streams which he loved.
He was married September 5, 1911, to Edna Klopf of Neillsville, who survives. He leaves a daughter, Marion and a sister, Mrs. Ida Wise of Moline, Ill., as well as four nephews and seven nieces. One of the nephews, James Quigley of Lake Forest, Ill., went by plane to attend the funeral.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs