Obit: Vine, George Richard (1876 - 1945)
Surnames: Vine, Longenecker, Waterman, Kressalt, Major, Carter, Huckstead
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 08/09/1945
Vine, George Richard (8 Feb. 1876 - 6 Aug. 1945)
George Richard Vine, 69, of the town of Grant, died at the Neillsville hospital at 3:30 a.m., on August 6. He had been ill for about two months. Funeral services will be held this afternoon, Thursday, at the Vine home in the town of Grant at 1:30 and at 2 p.m. at the Pleasant Ridge Methodist church. Rev. George W. Longenecker will officiate. Burial will be made in the Grant cemetery.
George Vine was born in the town of Grant February 8, 1876, to Fred and Mary Vine. He grew to manhood in Clark county. For a time he was employed in a lumber yard at Lac du Flambeau and two years of his life were spent in Alaska, where he was employed during the time of the Klondike gold rush. Mr. Vine had served as school treasurer for 12 years in the Wild Rose district and was superintendent of the church school of the Pleasant Ridge church for 25 years.
On April 17, 1901, Mr. Vine was married to Della Waterman in Lac du Flambeau. Five children were born to them. One son, Everett, died when he was about six years old, or 35 years ago. He was the oldest child. The four children living are: Irving on the home place, and Theamore, also of the town of Grant; Ruth, Mrs. George Kressalt, Spencer R2; and Claude of Kenosha R2.
Other surviving relatives besides his wife and his children are two brothers, Fred and Frank of the town of Grant, and three sisters, Edna, Mrs. Fred Major, Scottville, Mich.; Etta, Mrs. Henry Carter of Crandon; Elsie, Mrs. Arlo Huckstead of the town of Grant. One brother preceded him in death. He was Arthur, who died at his home in Crandon about six years ago. His parents also preceded him in death, his father in 1917 and his mother in 1921. Ten grandchildren also survive.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs