BioM: Marking, Geneva A. (1944)
Contact: Sandy (Safemaster) Seiler
Surnames: Marking, Clarke
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark Co., Wis.) 03/30/1944
Marking, Geneva A. (24 MAR 1944)
Geneva A. Marking was presented in marriage to Lt. George S. Clarke by her father, John Marking, Friday, March 24, at a 10 o’clock service at St. Joseph’s Cathedral rectory, where the Rt. Rev. Msgr. Peter Pape performed the ring ceremony, beneath a beautiful bouquet of red roses.
The bride’s wool suit was worn with brown accessories and pale blue blouse, and her corsage was white Iris.
Margaret Marking, a sister of the bride, wore a silk suit with matching gold hat and Seth Parker carnations for her corsage. Lieut. Thomas Hudson served as best man.
Theresa Marking of Beloit, a sister, played as a piano prelude "Canzone Amarosa," the Mendelsohn Processional and "Stille De Nacht." Francis Marking, also a sister, sang "Ich Liebe Dich" and "Until."
Mr. and Mrs. John Marking of Owen were present at the marriage. Mrs. Marking wore black flowered crepe with gardenia and Lily of the Valley.
Mr. and Mrs. George Clarke of Canton, Ohio, parents of the bridegroom were also present.
Luncheon was held at the Frane Tea Rooms for 15. The table was decorated in gold and blue, with candles and a white and gold wedding cake serving as a center piece.
Guests were Dorothy Marking of Milwaukee, a sister of the bride; Rueben Powers of Prairie du Chien; with Myrtle Rosendahl, Glynette Kleeber, Sylvia Haabala and Mrs. James Niel of La Crosse.
Jessie Calwell of La Crosse was a prenuptial hostess for the bride.
The wedding couple left immediately for a brief trip and will be at home after March 27th at 1523 State St., La Crosse.
Mrs. Clarke of La Crosse has been an instructor in the La Crosse Teachers college. Lieut. Clarke is from Canton, Ohio.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs