BioM: Turner, Velma (1942)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Turner, Buddinger, Crosset
----Source: The Loyal Tribune, 23 April 1942
Turner, Velma (14 APR 1942)
A quiet but very pretty wedding was performed on Tuesday, April 14, at 2 o’clock in the afternoon by the Rev. A. Oates in the Presbyterian church of Marshfield, when Miss Velma Turner, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Newt Turner, became the bride of Carl Buddinger, son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Buddinger. Both are of the town of York.
The bride was attired in white satin, with lace yoke and long lace sleeves. She wore a finger-tip veil with a coronet of seed pearls and other pearl accessories.
She carried a bouquet of Easter lilies, with long streamers of white satin ribbon tied with ferns.
Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Crosset of Marshfield were their attendants.
The bridesmaid wore a maize chiffon dress and wore a shoulder length veil of matching color. She carried a bouquet of yellow daffodils.
The groom and best man were dressed in dark suits and wore boutonieres of white carnations.
The mother of the bride was attired in blue Stunzi crepe and wore a corsage of tinted orchids.
Following the ceremony, a 6 o’clock dinner was served at the home of the brides parents, and covers were laid for 12. Margaret McNaul assisted as waitress.
In the evening a dance was given at the Silver Dome.
The bride is the only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Turner. She has assisted with the farm work up until this time and will be greatly missed.
The groom is owner of one of the most modern and up-to-date farm homes in the county, which is known as the Chas. Buddinger farm. There the couple will go to housekeeping. They both are well qualified for their duties.
The qualities of this young couple would be hard to duplicate. Their wonderful personalities have made them a host of friends who wish them the best of good wishes for a long and happy life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs