BioM: Laack, Jean (1956)
Surnames: Laack, Ebert, Sprengler, Juneau, Koffarnus, Kremreiter, Barr, Lamont, Strathman
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/07/1956
Laack, Jean (Marriage - 2 June 1956)
Miss Jean Laack, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Laack of Abbotsford, and Robert Ebert of Wausau, son of Mr. and Mrs. William Ebert of Colby, exchanged marriage vows Saturday afternoon at 2:30 in Christ Ev. Lutheran church in Abbotsford, Rev. F. H. Sprengler officiating at the ceremony. She was given in marriage by her father. Herbert Juneau played organ music and also sang "The Lord’s Prayer" and "Because."
Mrs. Lawrence Koffarnus of Wausau, sister of the groom, was matron of honor and Mrs. Harlan Laack, of Milwaukee, sister-in-law of the bride, and Mrs. Joseph Kremsreiter of Wausau, a friend of the bride, were bridesmaids. The groom was attended by Lawrence Koffarnus of Wausau, brother-in-law of the groom, as best man and Harlen Laack of Milwaukee, brother of the bride, and Howard Barr of Colby, a friend of the groom, as groomsmen. James Lamont and Arnold Strathman served as ushers.
The bride was attired in a bridal gown of fine handclipped Chantilly type lace and nylon tulle over white lustrous satin in graceful waltz length. The strapless bodice of the gown fashioned of lace molded to the waistline with a scalloped cuff at top inset with curved pleats of tulle. The very bouffant skirt fashioned with a wide tier of lace with scalloped edge, a tier of full shirred tulle and ended with another tier of the lace with scalloped hemline. A lace jacket worn over the gown had long sleeves tapering to points over the wrists where they were fastened with lace covered buttons. The bridal veil of imported French silk illusion in fingertip length, was secured to a dainty halo brem of lace with wide side clips of lace outlined with pearls. The veil was edged with a hand rolled hem. Her cascade bouquet consisted of a center orchid surrounded by pink roses and stephanotis.
The bride’s attendants wore identically styled ballerina length gowns of umbra shaded net ranging from soft pink to deep coral in color. The fitted strapless bodices of the gowns of small ruffles were of a light shade of pink net with the waistline accented with a crushed cummerbund of taffeta in the deeper shade. The very full skirts completed ruffled in shades of pink net deepened in color to the hemline. The shoulders covered with net stoles were secured to the gowns. They wore pillbox hats of openwork woven fine straw with with the brem outlined with daisy trimmed side clips in the soft pink shades used in their gowns. Their bouquets consisted of satin bridal rings of pink carnations and white mums.
The bride’s mother wore a beige linen dress with accessories of beige. Her corsage consisted of orchids. The groom’s mother wore a pink dress with pink and white accessories and her corsage also consisted of orchids.
After the ceremony, a reception was held at the Laack home. Supper was served 200 guests at the church parlors. In the evening, a wedding dance was held at the Kolby Park Pavilion.
On leaving for their wedding trip to New Orleans, the bride wore a dress of black and white line coat dress with an orchid corsage.
The couple will make their home at 228 North Third Avenue, Wausau, where the groom is employed at Rosemurgy Motors.
Out of town guests were from Wausau, Colby, Unity, Medford, Marshfield, Wauwatosa, Milwaukee, Chicago, Curtiss, Merrill, Edgar, Rothschild, Hatley, Owen, Abbotsford, Dorchester, Milan and Phillips.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.