BioM: Garbisch, Alice E. (1947)
Surnames: Garbisch, Hinklemann, Winter
----Source: CLARK COUNTY PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 05/29/1947
Garbisch, Alice E. (24 MAY 1947)
Miss Alice Esther Garbisch, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Garbisch of Granton (Clark Co., Wis.), and Arden E. Hinklemann of Neillsville, son of Mr. and Mrs. Herman Hinklemann of Loyal, were married at 2 o’clock Saturday, May 24, 1947, at the Zion Lutheran Church in Granton. The double ring ceremony was performed by the pastor, Rev. Leonard Domke, under an archway of apple blossoms.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, was attired in an entrained gown, trimmed with frosted flowers and fashioned with fingertip sleeves. Her lace-trimmed veil was fastened to a heart-shaped headpiece. Her arm corsage was of white lilies.
Miss Violet Garbisch, sister of the bride, was maid of honor, and the bridesmaids were the Misses Anita and Leona Hinklemann, sister of the groom. Edmund Hinklemann attended his brother as best man. Ushers were Leland Garbisch of Milwaukee and Marvin Garbisch. The Misses Evelyn and Marian Winter sang two numbers.
A reception was held for 75 guests at the home of the bride’s parents, the house being trimmed with white, yellow, blue and pink streamers.
The bride is a graduate of the Granton High School and has been employed in the office of the county judge. The groom is a graduate of Loyal High School. He is employed at the Donald Crothers farm, Neillsville. The young couple left on a trip to southern Wisconsin, Missouri and Milwaukee, Wis. They will reside in Neillsville.
Out of town guests who were here for the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Mott and Theodore Lautenbach, Milwaukee; Miss Edna Lautenbach, Janesville; Ewald Hinklemann, Rockford, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. John Kurz and son, harry, Spencer; Clara and Ernest Hinklemann of Loyal.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs