BioM: Ertl, Esther (1942)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Ertl, Clouse, Rossow, Jensen
The Loyal Tribune 20 August 1942
Ertl, Esther (15 AUG 1942)
Saturday afternoon, Aug. 15, at 2 o’clock, a very pretty wedding took place at the Trinity Lutheran church in Loyal, when Esther Ertl, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Ertl of Spencer, became the bride of Glen Clouse, son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Clouse of Loyal. The Rev. J. C. Langholz read the double ring ceremony.
A floor length gown od white chiffon over taffeta, designed with a long train, an exquisite chantilly lace yoke, buttons down the back to the waistline, long full puffed sleeves and a fitted bodice, was chosen by the bride for her wedding. She wore a finger tip silk illusion veil, edged with lace, which fell from a wreath of orange blossoms. She also wore a silver heart shaped locket, a gift from the groom, and carried a bouquet of red bettertime roses and ferns.
The matron of honor, Mrs. Raymond Ertl, sister-in-law of the bride, chose a dress a floor length gown of pink chiffon, styled with a square lace neckline, lace bodice and three panels around the skirt. She wore a pink flowered headdress and shoulder length veil and a gold heart shaped locket. She carried a white handkerchief, a gift from the bride, and a bouquet of Centaurea Americanas and fern.
The groom wore a blue suit, blue tie and black oxfords. The best man, Raymond Ertl, brother of the bride, wore a teal blue suit, teal blue tie and brown oxfords. The groom and his attendant wore boutonnieres of white asters and fern.
The bridal party marched to the altar to the strains of Lohengrin’s wedding march, with Mrs. George Jensen presiding at the organ. During the ceremony Mrs. Romaine Rossow sang a solo, "I Love You Truly," with Mrs. Jensen as accompanist.
At 6 o’clock a dinner was served to the bridal party and the Rev. and Mrs. Langholz and daughter Eunice at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Wshling. A two tier wedding a\cake with a miniature bride and groom at the top, centered the table.
The bride has been employed at Klossner’s café in Medford for the past two months and plans to continue her work there. The groom has been employed by Ernest Slayton of Loyal for the past eight months and has been there others years. The groom will now be employed at Medford, where they will make their home for the present.
The groom expects that he may be called into our U. S. armed forces im the near future. If so may He, the Ruler of all, grant him a safe and speedy return back home to the girl he has chosen for his wife when victory is won.
In the evening a miscellaneous shower and wedding dance was held at Wiedenhoeft’s pavilion at Colby, Wis. Many beautiful and useful gifts were received by the bride and groom.
The Tribune joins their many relatives and friends in wishing them a long and happy married life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.