BioM: Beaver, Esther (1946)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Beaver, Ott, Keller, Theisen, Schroeder, Frei, Zinthefer
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) October 3, 1946
--- Beaver, Esther (Marriage - 26 September 1946)
St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, Loyal, was the scene on Thursday morning, September 26, of the marriage of Miss Esther Beaver, daughter of Mrs. Philip Beaver of Loyal, and Henry F. Ott, son of Mrs. George Keller of Neillsville. The Rev. Fr. Aloys Zinthefer read the nuptial high mass.
The bride was attired in a white satin gown, styled with a net overskirt and train, and a sweetheart neckline. Her lace-edged, finger-tip veil was caught to a beaded headdress, and she carried a shower bouquet of pink and white roses. She carried her mother’s white prayer book, and wore a gold, heart shaped locket, a gift from the groom.
The bride was attended by her cousin Miss Rosella Beaver of Auburndale as maid of honor, and the groom’s sister, Miss Louise Ott of Neillsville, as bridesmaid. The bride’s brother, Gerald Beaver, attended as best man, and Earl Theisen, a friend, acted as groomsman.
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s mother at five o’clock with covers laid for 36 guests. The house was decorated with pink and white streamers and white wedding bells. The table was centered with a three-tiered wedding cake which had been baked by the bride’s mother. In the evening, a wedding dance was given at the Merry Ol’ Gardens, near Longwood.
The groom had been in the employ of the Loyal Tribune the past five years and previously was employed by The Clark County Press. He is also a correspondent for other state papers.
The couple will reside in Loyal.
Neillsville people who attended the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. George Keller and family, Mrs. Fred Schroeder and Mr. and Mrs. Leo Frei. Miss Leana Ott of Milwaukee, a sister of the groom, also attended.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs