BioM: Russell, Willmette (1948)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Russell, Nesbitt, Klicker, McGee, Stirrat, Bogue, Mallow, Simms
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) March 25, 1948
Russell, Willmette (Marriage - 14 February 1948)
Wisconsin Couple Married in Albuquerque, N.M. - (The following account comes from the Albuquerque, N. M. Journal)
Miss Willmette Russell of Neillsville, Wis., became the bride of Mr. Martin E. Nesbitt, formerly of Neillsville. On Saturday afternoon February 14th in a simple ceremony performed by candlelight at the home of the groom’s cousin, Mrs. Robert Klicker, 2905 Campus Blvd. The groom is a son of Mr. and Mrs. J. B. Nesbitt of Neillsville, and came here in December to work in the accounting department at the Pacific Service Co.
The bride is the daughter of Mrs. A. E. Russell and the late Mr. Russell of Russell Furniture and Hardware in Neillsville.
She has been working with her mother in the family business, and came here just a few days before the wedding. Mr. and Mrs. James McGee stood with them before the flower-decked fireplace in the Klicker home, as the Rev. J. Denton Simms read the ceremony. The bride was given away by Mr. David Stirrat, the groom’s uncle.
Ivory candles in silver holders were used throughout the room and on the serving table, where the wedding cake was cut. Assisting with serving were Mmes. Gravis Bogue, Deerwood Mallow, and David Stirrat, who poured. The bride’s costume was a powder blue suit with navy accessories.
She wore pink camellias and to carry out the good luck tradition an old locket of her grandmother’s and a borrowed pin under her blouse.
The following Saturday a wedding dinner in their honor was served at the home of the groom’s aunt, Mrs. David Stirrat.
The couple will be at home at the Fanning Apt. 5115 E. Central Ave.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs