Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Hagens, Czecholinski, Nienow, Bugar
The Loyal Tribune 29 October 1942
Hagens, Lorena (10 OCT 1942)
A very pretty wedding was solemnized at St. Peter and Paul’s Catholic church, Milwaukee, Saturday, Oct. 10, at 9 o’clock, when Miss Lorena Hagens, only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Hagens of Loyal, became the bride of Sgt. Richard Czecholinski, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Czecholinski, 2462 North Bartlett avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The nuptial mass was read by Msgr. A. M. Dentinger.
The bride was very attractive in a gown of white satin, fashioned with a sweetheart neckline, leg o’ mutton sleeves which came to a point over the wrist, and a long circular train. Her fingertip veil, which fell from a coronet of orange blossoms, was edged in satin, matching her dress. She wore a strand of pearls and carried an all-white bouquet of roses, pompoms, Bouvardia and a single orchid.
Preceding the bride down the aisle was her bridesmaid, Miss Helen Bugar, wearing an ice blue gown with flowered headdress and shoulder length veil, followed by the maid of honor, Miss Bette Caplin, cousin of the groom, wearing a rose taffeta gown and matching headdress and veil. Both carried large bouquets of yellow chrysanthemums.
The groom’s attendant was a close friend, Sgt. Frederick Nienow. Each wore his army uniform.
Ushers were Joe and Lawrence Hagens, brothers of the bride.
After the ceremony a wedding breakfast was served at the home of the groom’s parents and in the evening dinner was served to approximately 120 guests.
Out of town guests included Mr. and Mrs. William Hagens and sons Joe and Lawrence of Loyal, Edward Hagens and Miss Alice Riege of Beaver Dam, Mr. and Mrs. Norbert Hagens of Cambria, Mr. and Mrs. John Peters of Chicago, Mrs. A. Nienow of Nashota and Miss Gertrude Hargraves of Oconomowoc.
The Tribune joins in extending best wishes to the newlyweds.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs