BioM: St. Dennis,
Patricia L. (1948)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: St. Dennis, Bergdahl, Dervare
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) April 15, 1948
St. Dennis, Patricia (Marriage - 10 April 1948)
Miss Patricia L. St. Dennis, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Leonard St. Dennis of 162 ½ South Hewett Street, Neillsville, became the bride of Leonard H. Bergdahl, son of Mrs. E. A. Bergdahl of 323 Palmer Avenue, Highwood, Ill., in a ceremony performed at 11:30 Saturday morning, April 10, (1948), at St. James Church in Highwood. The Rev. Fr. Dervare of St. James Church performed the double ring ceremony before a small group of relatives and friends. Altar flowers were the only decorations.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore an entrained gown of white satin fashioned with long sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. She wore a finger-tip veil and a pearl necklace. Her flowers were an arrangement of lilies of the valley and white roses. Attending the couple were Miss France Bergdahl and George Bergdahl, sister and brother of the groom. Music for the service was furnished by the church choir and the wedding march was played by the church organist.
Following the ceremony, a reception for twenty-one guests was held at the home of the groom’s mother. For their wedding trip, Mr. and Mrs. Bergdahl came to the home of the bride’s parents in Neillsville. A reception for 35 guests was held Tuesday evening at the Merchants Hotel, where supper was served.
The bride attended the Neillsville High School and for the past two years has been employed in Highland park, Ill. The groom attended the Deerfield, Wis., high school and now has a civil service position in Highwood. They have returned to Highwood.
Mr. and Mrs. St. Dennis attended the wedding. They returned to Neillsville with the newlyweds on Sunday morning.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs