BioM: Roehl, Lila
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Roehl, Nelson, Lauterbach, Lindow, Bodendorfer, Schlinsog, Gauger, Geldernick, Gauger, Faber, Steinwagner
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) May 27, 1948
Roehl, Lila (Marriage –22 May 1948)
Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church at Chili was the scene Saturday afternoon of the wedding of Miss Lila Roehl, daughter of Mrs. Clara Roehl of Chili, and Gerald Nelson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ed Nelson of Spencer. The Rev. William A. Lauterbach performed the double-ring ceremony against a background of apple blossoms.
The bride wore a white slipper satin gown with sweetheart neckline and shirred bodice. Her fingertip veil was caught to a tiara of pearls and orange blossoms. She wore a four-strand necklace of pearls, the gift of the groom, and carried red roses and white carnations.
Her maid of honor was her sister, Miss Evelyn Roehl, who was dressed in blue; and the bridesmaids, also dressed in blue, were the Misses Audrey Nelson and Carol Lindow. The best man was Clifford Roehl, a cousin of the bride, and the groomsmen were Glen Bodendorfer of Milwaukee and Claire Schlinsog of Chili. The ushers were Walter Roehl, a brother of the bride, and Robert Gauger, a cousin of the groom. The music was supplied by vocal offerings by Mrs. Howard Geldernick and Miss Joyce Gauger, accompanied by Mrs. Norman Faber.
One hundred guests attended a reception and supper following the ceremony at the Chili hall. From out-of-town came Mr. and Mrs. Roy Bodendorfer of Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Emil Gauger of Stratford; Mr. and Mrs. Mike Steinwagner; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Gauger, Mrs. Emma Bodendorfer, and Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Bodendorfer, all of Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. Harvey Roehl, Mr. and Mrs. Carl Roehl, and Mr. and Mrs. William Roehl, all of Neillsville, and Mr. and Mrs. Russell Roehl of Loyal. .
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs