Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Lindow, Fitz, Happe, Swenson
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) May 27, 1948
Lindow, Caroline (Marriage - 19 May 1948)
Immanuel United Brethren Church at Chili was the scene on May 19, (1948) of the marriage of Miss Caroline Lindow, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Lindow of Chili and George Fitz, son of Mr. and Mrs. Emil Fitz of Nekoosa. The wedding occurred on the 39th wedding anniversary of the bride’s parents. The Rev. R. E. Happe read the ceremony.
For her wedding the bride chose a gown of ivory brocaded satin fashioned with a net yoke and long sleeves pointed at the wrists. The flounced skirt tapered to form a train. Her finger-tip veil fell from a Juliet cap and her bridal bouquet consisted of roses and sweet peas.
Her attendants were Miss Wanda Fitz of Rothschild as maid of honor and Miss Vera Happe of Marshfield as bridesmaid. They were dressed in Aqua taffeta and carried bouquets of white carnations.
The groom was attended by Edmard Fitz of Nekoosa as best man and Lester Swenson of Marshfield as groomsman. Arthur Happe, Jr., of Ripon and Marlyn Lindow of Wausau, cousins of the bride were ushers.
A 3 o’clock reception was held at the church parlors for 75 guests and a 7 o’clock dinner was served in the evening to 24 guests.
Mrs. Fitz is a graduate of Neillsville High School. She was employed in the county treasurer’s office in Neillsville and more recently in Port Edwards.
The bridegroom is a graduate of the Nekoosa High School and a veteran of World War II.
Following a wedding trip to Milwaukee and Chicago they will reside in Rothschild.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.