Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Rominski, Pabick, Pollock, O’Konski, Fagan, Kubist, Dial, Thorpe, Rivers
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) July 8, 1948
Rominski, Gertrude (Marriage - 26 June 1948)
Miss Gertrude Rominski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Rominski of Stanley, became the bride of Frank Antony Pabick, Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Pabick of Owen, at a nuptial mass at 8:30 a.m. June 26 (1948). The Rev. Fr. Leo Pollock officiated at the double ring ceremony in St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Stanley, in the presence of 100 guests.
The bride wearing a gown of white satin with a marquisette skirt, long tapering sleeves, sweetheart neckline and full train, was given in marriage by her father. Her fingertip veil fell from a crown of lilies of the valley and she carried a shower bouquet of white roses and lilies of the valley.
Clara Rominski, sister of the bride, was maid of honor, and Leona Pabick, sister of the groom, was bridesmaid. The former was gowned in pale green and the latter in pink. Both carried shower bouquets of yellow and blue carnations. Little Mary Ann Pabick, another sister of the groom, gowned in white, was flower girl, while the bride’s brother Bernard Rominski, was the ring bearer.
Eddie O’Konski of Owen served as best man for his friend, and Allan Fagan of Milwaukee was groomsman. Ushers were Martin Kubist and Eddie Pabick. Music was provided by St. Mary’s choir, and by Mrs. Robert Dial, who gave a vocal solo accompanied by Marcelline Thorpe at the Organ and Frank Rivers on the violin.
A reception for 300 guests was held at the home of the bride’s parents in the evening, after which the bride and groom left on a wedding trip of unannounced destination. They returned to Loyal July 1 to make their home there on a farm.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.