Mary #2 (1948)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Huntzicker, Snyder, Pace, North, Holmes, Miller, Amundson, Reid, Kettelle, Messing
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) August 12, 1948
Huntzicker, Mary (Marriage - 7 August 1948)
At 3:00 p.m., Saturday, August 7, (1948), at the Methodist Church in Greenwood, Miss Mary Huntzicker, daughter of Mrs. F. W. Huntzicker of Greenwood, and William Earl Snyder, son of Mr. and Mrs. W. Earl Snyder of Washtucna, Wash. repeated their marriage vows. The double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. Lee H. Holmes.
Miss Huntzicker was lovely in a floor length white moiré taffeta gown and elbow length veil. She carried white gladioli centered in a white orchid. Her only attendant, Miss Peggy Pace of Stanley, wore a gown of pale green satin, fashioned after the bride’s, and carried yellow gladioli.
John H. Huntzicker, a brother of the bride, served as best man, and William M. Huntzicker, another brother, was the usher. A sister of the bride, Miss Ann Huntzicker, was vocal soloist, accompanied by Mr. Stewart North of Thorp.
A supper for 30 guests was served at the home of the bride’s mother.
The young couple will be at home after August 22, in Washtucna, Wash., where the groom is associated with the Snyder Electric Company. The bride is a graduate of Stout Institute in Menomonie and the groom attended Whitman College, in Walla Walla, Wash.
Out-of-town guests included; Mrs. M. J. Huntzicker of Boulder, Colo., paternal grandmother of the bride; Mrs. Edna Miller of Oshkosh, the bride’s maternal grandmother; Mrs. George Huntzicker of Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. Stewart North of Thorp; Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Amundson of Frederica; Miss Ruth Huntzicker of Elko, Nev.; Mr. and Mrs. Forest Reid of Omro; Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Kettelle of Lindsey; and Mr. and Mrs. Glendale Messing, also of Lindsey.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs