Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Johnson, Luchterhand, Treutel, Hendrickson, McCarlson, Hill
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) December 9, 1948
Johnson, Miss (Marriage - 14 December 1948)
Mr. and Mrs. Earl Luchterhand are now at home on their farm near Greenwood, following their honeymoon. A shower was given them last Thursday evening, with a floor lamp as the chief gift. The guests played sheephead and other games.
The young couple were married November 14, (1948) in Webster, S. D., the home of the bride. The wedding took place in Tabor Lutheran Church. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jacob A. Johnson, and the groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Elder Luchterhand of the Granton community.
The wedding was carried out beautifully, with organ and vocal music. The Lord’s Prayer was sung as the young people knelt at the altar. The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a gown of white slipper satin trimmed with lace and fashioned with a sweetheart neckline. Her jewelry was a three strand pearl necklace a gift of the groom. The maid of honor was Marilyn Johnson, sister of the bride. The bridesmaid was Mr. Leroy Treutel. Rachelle Hendrickson, cousin of the bride, was flower girl, and Jerome McCarlson, another cousin of the bride, was ring bearer.
The groom was attended by his cousin Leroy Treutel, and by James Johnson, brother of the bride.
Usherettes, dressed in white formals, were Gloria and Louise McCarlson.
Following the ceremony a reception was given at the parish hall by the bride’s parents, with 125 present. The bridal table was decorated in rose, blue and white, and was centered with a three-tiered cake.
The bride is a graduate of Roslyn High School and attended college at Aberdeen, S. D. She has been teaching the past five years.
Among the out-of-town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Elder Luchterhand of Granton, parents of the groom; Mr. and Mrs. Gustav Luchterhand of Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. Leroy Treutel of Stratford and Virgil Hill of Auburndale.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs