Bio: Burnie, Matt (Poisoned - 1907)
Contact: Michelle Melcher
----Source: Fairchild Observer (Fairchild, Wis.) 6/20/1907
Burnie, Matt (Poisoned - 1907)
Poisoned on Wedding Trip
A letter received Monday by George Burnie from his brother Matt, who was married last Wednesday at Arcadia and started on a wedding tour through the west, states that while at St Paul both he and Mrs. Burnie were poisoned, supposedly by eating fish. Immediately after eating the meal they proceeded on their trip and by the time Omaha was reached Mrs. Burnie was seriously sick and was at once taken to a hospital where medical aid was received. Matt was not effected so seriously and writes that the doctor advised their return home, but as no word has been received since the letter it is supposed that both have sufficiently recovered to resume their trip, as undoubtedly he would have informed his friends if anything serious had happened or was anticipated, and if they were coming home they would have been here by this time.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs