BioM: Guk, Janet
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Guk, Schlinsog, Weichelt, Tyler, Dux, Rusch, Nowack, Naedler, Domke
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) June 16, 1949
Guk, Janet Ruth (Marriage - 12 June 1949)
Janet Ruth Guk, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Arno Guk of Granton, became the bride of William Schlinsog, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Schlinsog, in a double ring ceremony at the Zion American Lutheran Church at 3 p.m. Sunday, June 12, 1949. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. Leonard Domke.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore a white ninon and lace gown with a long train. She wore a fingertip veil. Her bouquet was made of Calla lilies and pink roses.
Her maid of honor, Joyce Weichelt of Granton was dressed in yellow marquisette. Her bridesmaids were her sister, Lorrain Guk, who wore pale green marquisette, and Beverly Tyler, a cousin of the bride, whose dress was of orchid marquisette. The maid of honor carried pink and white carnations and the bridesmaids bouquets were of yellow and white carnations.
Ted Schlinsog, brother of the groom, Harris Dux and Billy Rusch acted as groomsmen.
Darlene Nowack and Irene Naedler sang two selections, "Because" and "O’ Promise Me."
Immediately preceding the bride’s entrance, the white carpet was spread by Billy Guk and Dicky Schlinsog, small brothers of the bride and groom.
A wedding reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents for 125 people. The house was decorated in yellow, green, orchid and white. A wedding dance was held on Sunday evening at Granton, after which the young couple left on a honeymoon.
The bride is a graduate of Granton High School with the class of 1949. The groom graduated from Neillsville High school and is the manager of the Lynn Cheese Factory, where the young couple will make their home.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs