Contact: Marsha Hosfeld
Surnames: Mantik, Paulson
----Source: ABBOTSFORD TRIBUNE (Abbotsford, Clark Co., WI) 9 June 1938
Mantik, Esther (Marriage - 4 June 1938)
In a setting of palms in the Christian Assembly church at Wausau, two young couples exchanged marriage vows, Saturday afternoon at 2:30.
Miss Emlie Paulson of Schofield and Fred Mantik of Milan and Miss Esther Mantik of Wausau and Herbert Paulson of Schofield were united in marriage with the Rev. J. J. Ashcroft, pastor of the church, officiating.
Both brides wore identical gowns of white lace, reaching the floor, and long lace trimmed veils. Their bouquets were made of calla lilies, roses and baby’s breath. Each bride was given in marriage by her respective father.
Miss Emlie Paulson was attended by Miss Lucinda Paulson, gowned in pink with blue accessories. Miss Phyllis Paulson, niece of the bride, was the flower girl. She wore a powder blue dress contrasted with pink and carried a basket of flowers. Master Tommy Paulson, nephew of the bride, was the ring bearer. They also acted for the other couple.
The groom, Fred Mantik, was attended by Edwin Mantik of Milan.
Mr. and Mrs. Fred Mantik are at home to their friends on a farm at Milan.
Miss Esther Mantik was attended by Miss Evelyn Mantik of Milan. She wore a powder blue dress with pink accessories. The bridesmaids had identical bouquets of carnations, sweet peas and gypsophilia.
The groom, Herbert Paulson, was attended by Mack Paulson of Schofield.
Mr. and Mrs. Paulson are making their home at 833 ½ Henrietta St., Wausau.
Following the ceremony a reception was held at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Mike Mantik, parents to a bride and groom. The home was decorated in streamers to match the colors in the attendants’ gowns. Relatives and friends of both couples who attended the reception were from Wisconsin Rapids, Wausau, Medford, Athens, Rothschild, Marshfield and Owen.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs