BioM: Miller, Mary (1938)
Contact: Marsha Hosfeld
Email: mahosfeld@yahoo.com

Surnames: Van Rooy, Miller, Weller, Lescynski, Curran, Schommer, Sedlock (Sedlaack)

----Source: ABBOTSFORD TRIBUNE (Abbotsford, Clark Co., WI) 9 June 1938

Miller, Mary (Marriage - 31 May 1938)

Mr. and Mrs. William Van Rooy are at home to their friends at Medford. The wedding took place Tuesday morning at 9 o’clock, May 31st, at the St. Louis Catholic church in Dorchester, Wis. The Rev. Philip T. Weller officiated.

The bride, daughter of Mrs. Antonia Miller, Town of Holton, wore a white satin dress, trimmed in chantilly lace. Her long tulle veil fell in a train from a pearl head dress. The bride’s bouquet was made of pink and tea roses, lily-of-the-valley and gypsophidlia.

The maid of honor, Miss Clare Lescynski of Athens, and the two bridesmaids, Miss Mary Curran of Milwaukee and Miss Harrietta Van Rooy of Colby, wore peach, blue and maize striped chiffon organdy. All wore shoulder corsages of pink roses.

The groom, son of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Van Rooy Abbotsford, was attended by Norbert Schommer, Colby, Wis. Robert Sedlock of Dorchester and Harold Van Rooy of Colby acted as ushers.

Following the ceremony a reception was held at the home of the bride’s mother. A five o’clock supper was served to 110 guests. In the evening the young couple gave a wedding dance at the Trianon Gardens.

*Transcriber note: The first name of the bride was supplied by her nephew, John Miller. The parents of the bride were Joseph & Antonia "Anna" (Sedlaack) Miller.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE