Esther L. #2 (1946)
Surnames: Horner, Nelson, Miller, Franke, Seefluth
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 04/11/1946
Horner, Esther L. #2 (8 APR 1946)
A lovely church wedding, performed in St. Paul’s Evangelical Church, in the Town of Green Grove (Clark Co., Wis.), on Monday, April 8, 1946, at two o’clock p.m., united Miss Esther Lina Horner, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Horner of the Town of Beaver, and Lloyd J. Nelson, Owen, son of Mr. and Mrs. Anton Nelson of Fairchild, in marriage. The ceremony was read by Rev. M. C. Goetsch, Colby, Wis.
For the occasion the bride chose a gown of white slipper satin, styled with a full net train skirt and train, and long sleeves coming to a point at the wrist. She also wore a fingertip veil hanging from a beaded Juliet style cap. She wore a gold cross necklace, a gift of the groom, and pearl earrings. Her bridal bouquet was made up of Easter lilies and carnations.
The bride was attended by Violet Nelson, sister of the groom, as maid of honor. Miss Nelson wore a formal gown of pink satin with a net skirt and for a headdress a pink satin tiara. Her only jewelry was a string of pearls.
Her bridesmaid, Miss Leatrice Seefluth, a close friend of Loyal, was attired in pink satin with a shoulder length veil, and wore a gold locket. The maid of honor and bridesmaid wore corsages of pink roses and pink carnations respectively.
Flower girls were Vivian and Evelyn Miller, Curtiss, cousins of the bride. They wore formal gowns of pink and yellow, and gold lockets, and carried colonial bouquets.
The groom wore a brown gabardine suit,a nd was attended by best man, Fred Horner, a brother of the bride, who wore a blue suit, and groomsman, Kenneth Franke, a friend, who wore a brown suit. All wore carnation boutonnieres.
The bride attended the oak Grove graded school and Loyal High School, and is a graduate nurse of the Legault Hospital.
The groom had his schooling in the Fairchild school system and during the war served for four years with the United States Army.
That evening a six o’clock dinner was served in honor of the newlyweds at the home of the bride’s parents. For the occasion the home was decorated with blue, white and pink streamers. A large wedding cake served as the centerpiece of the table decorations, that was set for seventy-five guests.
Among the out of town guests that attended the reception were: Mr. and Mrs. Louis Primers, Misses Claire and Margaret Nelson and Mrs. Sherman Nelson, Fairchild; Mrs. David Pepin, Duluth; and Misses Anna Tweed and Agnes Foshner, Winona.
Following the ceremony the couple took a trip to St. Paul, after which the groom will resume his farming occupation, and the bride will continue with her nursing duties at the Legault Hospital.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs