Virginia L. (1946)
Surnames: Johnson, Jacobson, Froiland, Thompson, Kludy, Andrews, Carlson, Randall
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/13/1946
Johnson, Virginia L. (11 JUN 1946)
Baskets of white daisies, blue iris, and pink peonies formed a lovely setting in the Presbyterian Church at Abbotsford, Tuesday afternoon, June 11, when at three o’clock Miss Virginia L. Johnson, daughter of Mrs. Norma Johnson, became the bride of Kenneth Jacobson, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Jacobson of Chetek.
Miss Ruth Froiland of Dallas, Wis., a friend of the bride, sang "Because" and "The Lord’s Prayer," accompanied by Miss Mildred Thompson of Curtiss, preceding the double ring ceremony performed by the Rev. G. Griffiths. The traditional Lohengrin March announced the entrance of the bridal party.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her brother, J. Robert Johnson, wore a gown of white net over Velva-ray with a billowing fingertip veil from a rhinestone Juliet cap. Her bouquet consisted of white daisies and lilies of the valley. She wore a strand of pearls, her gift from the bridegroom.
Mrs. Louis Kludy, Wilmette, Ill., and Mrs. E. H. Andrews, Evanston, Ill., were their sister’s attendants. Their peach net gowns were identically made and they wore shoulder tip veils to match. Carrying out the motif of white, blue and pink, chosen for the wedding, they carried arm bouquets of daisies, iris and peonies.
Little Norma Jo Kludy, a nice of the bride, as flower girl, wore a blue net gown. A wreath of daisies encircled her curls and she carried a basket of daisies and forget-me-nots.
Gilford Jacobson served his brother as best man and Chris Carlson, a cousin, as groomsman. Twin brothers of the bride, Jerold and Jerome, were the ushers.
Mrs. Johnson chose for her daughter’s wedding a pale pink crepe, while the groom’s mother wore a dark blue crepe. Both wore small veiled hats and white accessories. Their corsages of pale blue pansies. lilies-of-the-valley, and pinks were fashioned alike.
A reception was held at the home of Mr. and Mrs. H. L. Randall, uncle and aunt of the bride, at Owen, Wis. (Clark Co., Wis.).
The tea table, over which Mrs. D. Bobbe of Abbotsford, Miss Margaret Scott of New Richmond, and Miss Ethel Pearson of Chippewa Falls presided, was exquisitely appointed in white, blue and yellow.
Tapes in crystal candelabra shed their glow over the two large floral rings, flanking the three-tiered wedding cake which was guarded on either side by a miniature bride and groom.
When the couple departed on their honeymoon to the northern lake country, the bride donned a pink gabardine dress with white accessories. After June 25th, they will be at home to their friends at their home near Chetek.
Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. L. Wear, Mr. and Mrs. F. Carlson, Mr. and Mrs. D. Heunink, Miss Phyllis Heunink, Mrs. H. Vrueink, Mrs. C. Winger, Erling Hansen, Bob Hayes. Phil Froiland and Duane Ekern, all of Chetek, and Mesdames M. Johnson, F. Andersen, F. Heuer, P. Bluedorn, and Miss Anna Marie Bluedorn of Eau Claire.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.