BioM: Svenson, Lois A. (1946)
Contact: Stan
Email: stan@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

Surnames: Svenson, O’Neill, Clouse, Watts

----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/27/1946

Svenson, Lois A. (15 JUN 1946)

Miss Lois Alma Svenson, youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Sven Svenson of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), and Raymond C. O’Neill, son of Mr. and Mrs. W. R. O’Neill of Pomeroy, Ohio, were united in marriage at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, June 15, 1946, at the Methodist Church, Withee. Rev. Irish read the nuptial ceremony. Their attendants were Mr. and Mrs. Roy Svenson as best man and maid of honor, and bridesmaids Olive Svenson, Eau Claire, a sister, and Mrs. Bernard Clouse of Loyal.

The bride made a lovely appearance as she entered the church attractively dressed in a gown of white marquisette with a fitted bodice and a sweetheart neckline with gold insertions, and a long train. Her headpiece was a crown of orange blossoms from which hung a fingertip veil. She carried a colonial bouquet of pink roses and pin and white sweet peas.

Her maid of honor wore a formal gown of aqua taffeta. Bridesmaid, Olive Svenson’s gown was of pink satin with three quarter length sleeves and an overskirt of net. Mrs. Clouse’s gown was of pink taffeta with an overskirt of net. All of the lady attendants wore wrist corsages of pink roses and pink and white sweet peas.

Joan Svenson, niece of the bride, was the flower girl. Joan wore a dress of blue, princess style, with a white trim and carried a basket of pink and white peonies.

Guests were ushered into the Methodist Church by ushers, Berton Watts of Eau Claire and Bernard Clouse of Loyal.

The bridegroom and his best man wore the conventional business suits with carnation boutonnieres.

Mrs. Sven Svenson, mother of the bride, wore a black dress with white accessories and a shoulder corsage of roses and sweet peas. The bridegroom’s mother chose for the occasion a print dress of medium blue and white, further complimented with a colorful corsage.

At three-thirty a reception was given for the newlyweds at the home of the bride’s parents. In special commemoration the porch and living room of the home were beautifully decorated with pink and white crepe streamers. The loveliness of the bridal party’s table was offset by a large wedding cake.

The bride is a graduate of the Withee public schools and the Eau Claire Teachers College. She is a member of the Luther Hospital School of Nursing at Eau Claire, but at present is doing her affiliate work at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, Ill. She will be graduated from her training in July 1947.

The groom received his schooling in the Chester High School at Pomeroy, Ohio, and will enter Huntington College to prepare himself for the ministry in September of this fall. At present he is employed by the Western Electric Co. of Chicago, Ill. Six months ago he received his honorable discharge from the navy, after having served with that particular branch of the armed forces for three years overseas.

Monday evening the couple left for Chicago from Eau Claire on the "400." She will complete nurses training, after which she will join her husband in Huntington, Ind., until he completes his theological studies.

Guests from away that attended the ceremony were: Mr. and Mrs. Edward Aberg, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Aberg, Mrs. Herbert Peterson and son Larry, Berton Watts, and Miss Olive Svenson of Eau Claire; Mr. and Mrs. Homer Wortham and family of Winthrop Harbor, Ill.; the groom’s mother, Mrs. W. R. O’Neil of Pomeroy, Ohio, and Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Clouse of Loyal.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE