Herman (1863 - 1949)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Arndt, Luedtke, Funk, Beck, Grabe, Oldham, Milton, Schultz, Dux, Allen, Hantke, Nulton, Cornish, Veile
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) August 18, 1949
Arndt, Herman (9 March 1863 - August 1949)
Funeral services for Herman Arndt were held Saturday, August 13, 1949, at the Bergemann Funeral Home, and at 2:30 at the Methodist Church. The Rev. Virgil Nulton officiated, and interment was made in Neillsville City Cemetery.
He had been ill two years, and died in a Madison hospital.
Mr. Arndt was born March 9, 1863, in Germany. He came to this country when he was 11 years old, and to Clark County about 40 years ago. He was a retired farmer.
On October 30, 1883, he was married to Amelia Luedtke at High Cliff. She preceded him in death 16 years ago.
Twelve children were born to this union, six of whom survive. They are: Mrs. William (Louise) Funk of Menasha; Mrs. William (Annie) Beck of Tomahawk; Charles Arndt of Oshkosh; Mrs. Kenneth (Amelia) Grabe of Menasha; Raymond Arndt of East Grand Forks, Minn.; and Mrs. William (Olive) Oldham, Neillsville. Twenty-two grandchildren and 28 great grandchildren also survive.
Pallbearers were: Leslie Milton, Charles Schultz, Otto Dux, Fred Dux, Edwin Allen and James Milton.
Mrs. Guy Schultz and Mrs. Tony Hantke were in charge of the flowers. Miss Janice Milton sang two selections accompanied by Mrs. Virgil Nulton at the piano.
Relatives and friends from out-of-town attending the rites were: Mr. and Mrs. William Funk, Harold Funk, and Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Grabe, all of Menasha; Mr. and Mrs. William Beck of Tomahawk; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Arndt of Oshkosh; Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Arndt of East Grand Forks, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Grabe of Milwaukee; Florence Cornish, state of Washington; and Mrs. Lorraine Veile of Fond du Lac.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs