BioM: Martinson, Marjorie (1946)
Surnames: Pieper, Martinson, Grandy, Hacker
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 11/21/1946
Martinson, Marjorie (12 NOV 1946)
Tuesday, Nov. 12, 1946, at 2:30 p.m., Miss Marjorie Martinson and Rueben Pieper were married at the Trinity Lutheran Church at Loyal (Clark Co., Wis.). Rev. Langholz performed the double ring ceremony.
The bride wore a white brocaded gown with elbow length sleeves and a net overskirt. Her long veil with train was held at her wrist by a bracelet. She carried a bouquet of red roses and white pompoms tied with white ribbons, and wore a pearl necklace and earrings, a gift of the groom.
Mrs. Howard Grandy, sister of the bride, served as matron of honor. She wore a blue net gown with blue blusher veil and pearls, and carried roses and pompoms tied with blue ribbon.
Miss Phyllis Hacker, Owen, served as bridesmaid, wearing a pink net gown with pink blusher veil. She carried a matching bouquet tied with pink ribbon. She wore a gold cross.
Howard Grandy and Frank Pieper, brother of the groom, served as best man and groomsman, respectively, and as ushers.
The bride’s mother wore a coral rose dress ornamented with gold nailheads. The groom’s mother wore a flowered jersey dress. Both had shoulder corsages.
A 5 o’clock candlelight supper was served to about 70 relatives and friend at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Johnson, Owen, parents of the bride. A dance was held at Walter’s Pavilion, Colby, in the evening.
The groom, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Pieper, Loyal, is engaged in farming near Loyal.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.