BioM: Molzan, Bertha (1946)
Surnames: Molzan, Koepsell
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 12/12/1946
Molzan, Bertha (28 NOV 1946)
Miss Bertha Molzan, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ferdinand Molzan, Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), and Theodore Koepsell, Canova, S.D., exchanged vows in St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church at Withee, on Nov. 28, 1946, at 2:30 o’clock.
The double ring ceremony was read by the Rev. Walter Schedler.
The bridal party marched tot eh altar to the stains of the wedding march, played by Edward Fredrick.
The bride wore a soldier blue dress with blue accessories, and wore a corsage of red roses and white baby chrysanthemums. A strand of pearls, a gift of the groom, was her only jewelry.
The groom proceeded to the altar with the bride, wearing a dark blue pin stripe suit, with a white carnation boutonniere.
Gustave Molzan, brother of the bride, and Margaret, his wife, were their only attendants. Gustave wore a black suit with a white carnation boutonniere, and Margaret wore a pale lavender dress with black accessories. She had a corsage of pink carnations and white baby chrysanthemums.
The bride’s mother wore a black dress with gold trimmings, and had a corsage of pink and white carnations. Her father wore a gray pencil stripe suit with a white carnation boutonniere.
Supper was served at the bride’s home for the immediate family. The bridal table was white, with a three-tier wedding cake as centerpiece, frosted with white icing, and pink rosebuds, topped by a large bride and groom.
In the evening open house was held for relatives and friends with more than 70 attending.
Friends from out of town who were present were Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Bruchert, Milwaukee; Mrs. Adeline Hayes, Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Loose, and George Amen, Jr., Chicago, Ill.; Steve Markus, Seattle, Wash.; and Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Zudell, Stanley.
The bride and groom left Dec. 7th for their home at Canova, S.D., with good wishes from all their relatives and friends.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs