Obit: De Mert, Hulda (1878 - 1949)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: De Mert, Lang, Krueger, Hoff, Seidel, Wuske, Hillsburg, Gallitan, Schmidt, Manthey, Raymond, Mantifel, Du Cel, Bulgren, Schewe
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) October 20, 1949
De Mert, Hulda (4 February 1878 - 12 October 1949)
Mrs. Edward De Mert died at 11:30 p.m. October 12, 1949. Funeral services were held Saturday at 9 o’clock from the Georgas Funeral Home and at 9:30 from the St. John’s Lutheran Church. The Rev. Alfred Schewe officiated.
Hulda Lang was born in Marquette County on February 4, 1878. As a young woman she did hotel work at Green Lake.
She was married to Adolph Krueger at Mecan in 1898. He preceded her in death on November 19, 1918.
On December 14, 1920, she was married to Edward De Mert at Westfield. She has resided at Neillsville since 1934. Mrs. De Mert was a member of the St. John’s Lutheran Church.
She is survived by her husband, her aged mother, Mrs. Augusta Lang of Montello, and three children: Edwin Krueger of Milwaukee; Mrs. Raymond (Mable) Hoff of Marshfield and Mrs. Ed (Laura) Seidel of Auburndale. Six grandchildren, two great-grandchildren, five sisters and a brother also survive. The brothers and sisters are: Julius Lang of Montello; Mrs. John (Bertha) Wuske of Green Lake; Mrs. William (Minnie) Hillsburg of Montello; Mrs. Albert (Tillie) Gallitan of Milwaukee; Mrs. Richard (Clara) Schmidt of Milwaukee and Mrs. Edward (Elsie) Manthey, Princeton. The following step-children survive: Walter, Lawrence, Oscar and Gust De Mert, all of Neillsville; Miss Eleanor De Mert and Mrs. Ed (Lona) Raymond of Fort Atkinson; Mrs. Robert (Viola) Mantifel of Portage; Mrs. Roy (Martha) Du Cel of Aurora, Ill. and Mrs. Otto (Emma) Bulgren of Portage.
Two sons, Herman and Albert, preceded her in death.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs