BioM: Blum, Esther #2 (1947)
Surnames: Blum, Balts, Kohnhorst, Rosenthal, Bloom, Olson, Skutak, Guether
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 03/20/1947
Blum, Esther #2 (15 MAR 1947)
Miss Esther Blum approached the altar of Owen’s Gospel Tabernacle on the arm of her father, to the strains of Lohengrin’s wedding march when given in marriage at one-thirty o’clock Saturday afternoon, March 15, 1947. Rev. H. E. Reigel, uncle of the bride, read the nuptial vows. Exchanging the wedding vows with Miss Blum was Lester Balts of Cadott.
For the occasion the bride chose a white satin gown with a trim of white lace and a finger tipe veil caught at the top with orange blossoms. She carried a bouquet of all white carnations and red roses. Attending her were her sisters, Mrs. Robert Kohnhorst of Wausau, as matron of honor, and Grace Blum, Owen, as bridesmaid. They wore gowns of similar design of blue and pink satin with blusher veils and matching headdress. They carried shower bouquets of mixed pink, blue and white flowers.
Philip Balts, a brother of the groom, attended as best man, while a brother-in-law of the bride, Robert Kohnhorst, was groomsman. All wore the conventional dark suit and boutonnieres.
Lovely organ and vocal selections were rendered by Miss Phyliss Olson at the organ playing the wedding marches and vocal selections by Mrs. John Blum, Jr., of Austin, Minn., who sang "Precious Lord, Hold Our Hand" and "Because."
Immediately following the ceremony a reception was given at he church parlors for the newlyweds. The parlors were appropriately and gaily decorated with pink, blue and white streamers and small wedding bells, with a larger bell over the table. The wedding cake was the centerpiece at the bridal table.
Ushers were Bernard Rosenthal of Cadott and Carl Bloom of Dorchester, Wis. Waitresses during the reception were Beverly and Marian Guenther of Wausau, Esther Bloom of Dorchester, and Marianne Skutak of Curtiss.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Blum, Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), and a graduate of the Owen High School with the class of 1940. Since that time she has been employed by various business places in the city and gained a wide circle of friends who rejoice in her marriage.
Mr. Balts, a resident of Cadott, is the son of Mr. and Mrs. John Balts of that village. He is a graduate of the Cadott High School and since his graduation has been engaged in the vocation of farming. The couple will make their future home on his farm near Cadott.
Friends and relatives from away that attended the ceremony were: Mr. and Mrs. Robert Balts, Rev. and Mrs. C. F. Wahn and Miss Phyllis Olson of Minneapolis; Mr. and Mrs. G. L. Christianson and family, Miss Orpha Call and Levi Call of Strum; Mr. and Mrs. John Balts and daughters Verna and Erma, Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Balts and family, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Balts, Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Balts, William Balts, Sr., Mrs. Clarence Balts, D. W. Lyle, Mr. and Mrs. Carl Rosenthal, Mr. and Mrs. E. Monroe, Mrs. Edwin Tracy, Rev. and Mrs. C. R. Logelin, Oscar Tracy, of Cadott; Reuben Anderson of McGregor, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. Paul Blum, Mrs. Helene Schroeder of Neillsville; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Prey, Mr. and Mrs. A. F. Guenther and family, Miss Florence Venske of Wausau; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Mantik, Mr. and Mrs. Reuben Mantik, Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Gauerke, Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Paulson, Mr. and Mrs. Dwight Balow, Mrs. Elmer Jensen, Mrs. Johanna Venske of Abbotsford; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Bloom and family of Dorchester; Mr. and Mrs. Ben Beyer of Fond du Lac; Mr. and Mrs. Walter Reinke and family of Thorp; Mr. and Mrs. John Blum, Jr., of Austin, Minn.; Edward Blum of Chippewa Falls; Rev. and Mrs. William Grams of Athens, and a host of friends.
Mr. and Mrs. Lester Balts were honored at showers at Jim Falls on Wednesday evening, March 5, and at Owen on Monday afternoon, March 10.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs