BioM: Bacon, Marney L. (1947)
Surnames: Bacon, Olesky, Lehnen, Doonan, Devine
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 09/18/1947
Bacon, Marney L. (13 SEP 1947)
Now enroute to their new home at 116 Park Terrace, Hartford, Conn., are Mr. and Mrs. Henry M. Olesky, who were united in marriage in a church ceremony performed Saturday morning at the Holy Rosary Church, Owen (Clark Co., Wis.). Father Bornbach officiated at the nuptial mass at nine o’clock when Miss Mary Lou Bacon, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Chris Bacon, Owen, became the bride of Henry M. Olesky, son of Mr. and Mrs. H. Olesky of Hartford, Conn.
For the occasion the bride chose a gown of white marquisette and lace with a fingertip veil to match that was caught to a green Victoria style headdress of seeded pearls. To complete her bridal attire she carried a white orchid with streamers of satin ribbon attached to white rose buds and white prayer book. Attended the bride as matron of honor was Irene Lehnen. She wore a formal gown of marquisette and silk and wore a hat of blue net. Her flowers were a colonial bouquet of pink roses and white and pink gladioli.
The groom and his best man, Edward Lehnen, both wore the conventional dark business suits and wore boutonnieres of white gardenias.
Mrs. W. K. Doonan played the bridal music at the organ and Betty Devine, a close friend of the young couple, sang a vocal selection. W. K. Doonan was the usher.
Immediately following the ceremony a breakfast was served to 38 guests at the Woodland Hotel. The main dining hall was appropriately decorated to receive the newlyweds and their guests.
Among the guests were: Mr. and Mrs. Roland Bacon, Flint, Mich.; Mr. and Mrs. Avery Ramey, also of Flint, Mich.; Mr. and Mrs. Harold Redman and family of Gurnee, Ill., Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Petke and daughter Kristine of Watertown, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.