Obit: Kennow, William (1870 - 1947)
Surnames: Kennow, Piemer, Batey, Ristola, Champeau, Gorbing
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 11/06/1947
Kennow, William (19 JAN 1870 - 26 OCT 1947)
William Albert Kennow, who resided at 1920-A North 21st St., Milwaukee, Wis., died at his home Sunday afternoon, Oct. 26th, 1947, following a lingering illness.
Mr. Kennow was born in Horicon, Wis. on Jan. 19, 1870, a son of Mr. and Mrs. Ferdinand Kennow. He spent his boyhood days in Tomah, Wis. As a young man he was employed as a fireman for a number of years by the Northwestern and Soo Line railroad companies. He also served as s deputy sheriff at Landone, N.D., previous to coming to Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), where he was employed by the John S. Owen Lumber Co. for a period of 30 years. Later he moved to Milwaukee where he has since made his home.
He was married to Miss Sadie Piemer, April 6, 1911, at Chippewa Falls. She survives his passing as do four daughters, Mrs. Ward (Alice) Batey, Milwaukee; Mrs. Eino (Bernice) Ristola, Withee; Mrs. Wm. (Natalie) Champeau, Two Rivers, Wis.; and Miss Nanette Kennow, Owen. Seven sons, Fred, Jessie, Neal, Glen and Leslie, Milwaukee; Wilder, Loyal and Robert, Owen. One daughter died in infancy. Also surviving him are 15 grandchildren, a aister, Mrs. Edith Gorbing, Tomah, and a brother Fred, also of Tomah.
Funeral services were conducted Wednesday, Oct. 29th, at two thirty o’clock from the Schmutzer Funeral Home in Watertown, Wis., by the Rev. F. W. Knots of the First Evangelical and Reformed Church. Interment was made in the Oak Hill Cemetery.
Pallbearers at the service were Louis Riemer, Ernest Riemer and Leonard Riemer, all of Watertown, and Arthur Werdrum, Michael Keeler and Edwin Hoch of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Flower girls were: Mrs. Ruth Vergnes and Barbara Ann Riemer.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs