BioM: Wolfe, Audris Ann Mrs. (1956)
Surnames: Wolfe, Gaetz, Grosshuesch, Wachtendonk, Schoelzel, Seefeld
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 01/03/1957
Wolfe, Audris Ann Mrs. (Marriage - 22 Dec. 1956)
Mrs. Audris Ann Wolfe, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Rudy Schoelzel of Colby, and Ralph Lloyd Gaetz, son of Mr. and Mrs. William Gaetz of Spencer, were united in marriage at a ceremony in the First Evangelical and Reformed church in Colby Saturday afternoon, Dec. 22, Rev. V. O. Grosshuesch officiating. Edward Wachtendonk, a brother-in-law of the bride, sang "The Lord’s Prayer" and "The Wedding Prayer."
The bride wore a street-length dress in pale blue taffeta for the occasion. Her accessories were in blue and white, and her nosegay bouquet contained pink tea roses and white carnations.
Black and white street-length dresses were won by her attendants, with accessories in the same colors and red and white carnations in their corsages. Miss Janice Gaetz of Marshfield, the bridegroom’s sister, was maid of honor, and Miss Patsy Schoelzel, the bride’s sister, was bridesmaid.
Darnell Schoelzel, the bride’s brother, was best man, and Wayne Seefeld was groomsman. Ushering duties were performed by Jim and Arlyn Schoelzel, other brothers of the bride. The Schoelzel brothers are from Colby and Mr. Seefeld is a Spencer, Wisconsin resident.
For the wedding and reception and supper afterward, the bride’s mother was attired in a maroon street-length dress with black accessories and yellow and white carnations formed her corsage. The bridegroom’s mother was dressed in a green knit suit with black accessories, and pink and white carnations were in her corsage.
Out-of-town guests for the day were from Abbotsford, Appleton, Stevens Point, Riplinger, Spencer and Loyal.
The groom is employed in the Riplinger Cheese Factory. He and his bride will reside in Colby, Wis. They are graduates respectively of Unity and Colby schools.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs