BioM: Pupp, Lucianne (1957)
Surnames: Pupp, Kunze, Schulz, Weiler, Geiger
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/13/1957
Pupp, Lucianne (5 June 1957)
Miss Lucianne Pupp and Donald Kunze exchanged vows Wednesday morning, June 5, at St. Bernard’s Catholic church, before the nuptial high mass. The Rev. Raymond Schulz officiated at the double ring service at 9:00 o’clock.
The bride was given in marriage by her father, William Pupp, of Abbotsford, Wis. Parents of the groom are Mr. and Mrs. Albert Kunze, of Abbotsford, Wis.
The bridal gown was floor length, of fine handclipped rosepoint lace and sheer nylon tulle over lustrous slipper satin in white. The molded bodice of lace was cut to a small v at center of the fitted waistline, fashioned of the delicate lace, with a scalloped boat neckline, edged with a border of iridescent sequins and inset with a narrow band of tulle. The long, lace sleeves tapered to points over the wrist, secured with small, lace buttons. The buttons closed the back of the gown extending to just below the waistline. The full, shirred skirt of tulle was trimmed with large, scattered, carved lace appliqués.
She carried a cascade bouquet of white carnations and red roses with rose buds tied to showers of white satin ribbons.
Attending the couple as best man and matron of honor were Mr. and Mrs. Albert Kunze, Athens, brother and sister-in-law of the groom. Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Pupp, Marengo, brother and sister-in-law of the bride, and Mr. and Mrs. Elroy Weiler, brother-in-law and sister of the groom.
The bridal veil of imported, French silk illusion in fingertip length, was secured to a dainty satin back tiara with sequin encrusted rosettes and rhinestone centers. It was outlined with tiny seed pearls.
The attendants wore identically styled, strapless formals in waltz length in Nile green, orchid and yellow, of hand clipped Chantilly lace and nylon net. The molded bodices were fashioned of Chantilly lace with a horseshoe cuff of pleated net at the top.
The bouffant skirts were of net ruffles, starting at the waistline and extending the full length of a skirt over net and taffeta. They wore dainty lace jackets with short sleeves and a pointed collar which fastened at the neck.
In their hair they wore sprays of flowers, and carried identical colonial bouquets of pink and white carnations with ribbons to match their gowns.
Mrs. Kunze, mother of the groom, and Mrs. Frank Geiger, of Dorchester, grand mother of the bride, had identical corsages of red garnet roses and feathered white carnations.
A reception was held at the home of the bride at 1:30, followed by a 4:30 o’clock supper at the armory. About 250 guests attended from Marshfield, Spencer, Loyal, Wausau, Stratford, and Chippewa Falls. In the evening a wedding dance was held at Kolby Park Pavilion.
The new Mr. and Mrs. Kunze will make their home four miles east of Abbotsford where the groom is engaged in farming.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.